• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

Contact Bill Jenkins at Teamfordparts.com. He gives us CEG'rs a discount on parts, so be sure to mention your a member.

AF

I bought mine last spring and he said they were discontinued with only about 14 remaining at the time. Myself and a bunch of CEGers bought them so I doubt they are still available now.

Just got mine 3 weeks ago from Titus-Will (Couldn't get Bill to answer any emails).

Also was able to get the svt rear bumper mesh, those are discontinued, can't be many more left!

FYI: Titus-Will Ford is wholesale and shipping is just 10% of total price.

MonsterKnobs

MonsterKnobs

Just for the record, I would recommend this company to anyone as they went out of their way just to help answer my questions for nothing. I recently posted a question about MonsterKnobs fitting the Contours and Marcus McLaughlin actually shot me a PM on here since his account hasn't been approved by the admins.
MonsterKnobs.com said:
Hi; my account has not yet been activated for posting by the admins, so I cannot yet respond to your question publicly.

To answer your question regarding our product, no, the 1979 to 2004 Mustang knobs will NOT fit. The Contour uses a different thread size.

We can make a knob threaded to fit the Contour. We make knobs to fit vehicles made by 22 different manufacturers, and do lots of custom threading work too. So threading is not the issue. But we do not advertise a knob for Contours because of the reverse lockout on those cars.

Are knob have a flat surface on the bottom, and do not have the recess found on most factory knobs of cars equipped with reverse lockout.

Will our knob work with your lockout? Maybe, but I don't know for sure. Which is why I don't even attempt to sell these for Contours.

A user on this board bought one in spite of my disclaimer about the lockout, saying he wanted to see if he could get it to work anyway. His user name is mrrockwood.

I don't know if he was able to get it to work, because I never heard back from him, and he hasn't posted here about it since he purchased the knob.

Thanks for asking about our product! Hope this was helpful.

Best regards,

Marcus McLaughlin
info@MonsterKnobs.com
www.MonsterKnobs.com

After a little more questioning, it was stated that their Focus shift knob will fit the thread's but if you read above, may not work with the reverse lockout. Since I plan on getting rid of my reverse lockout anyways, I'll be ordering one of these soon and since the shift boot probably wont reach the bottom of the knob I'll prolly be getting my stock shift cut and threaded soon as well. But anyways, if you haven't dealt with them before, I recommend them for sure for all their individual help! I'll be ordering one very soon and i'll post back with pics and what not. Thanks MonsterKnobs!

shortshifter.jpg

They don't make it anymore. IIRC, it came from KKM.

LUCA is this a redline shift boot?if so did u have them make it shorter for the short shifter ?please pm me the details on your shift boot

So I thought I posted my Cougar knob a while back, but I guess not. Here it is:

DSCF1853Medium.jpg

DSCF1852Medium.jpg

DSCF1833Medium.jpg

I love that knob...everytime i see it i drool:drool: .

Man i might just end up ordering one:laugh: Plus your interior is a great selling point:laugh:

I went to the site and I don't anything listed for the CSVT, just 'Stangs and Foci.

Have the Roush CSVT parts gone away??

There never were Roush CSVT parts. There were Roush Cougar parts which were discontinued years ago. I sold the last of the sway bars in a GB. The knob in that pic is from the Roush Focus, which was also recently discontinued. I called half-a-dozen dealers to get that knob, but Roush is completely out of stock.

:D
mustang_race_hdr.jpg

MGW Composite Race knob.

Ohhh yea.

It can be done :cool: This is the MGW Gripper Knob threaded for a 2005+ Mustang. The Contour's shifter uses the same threads, but the shaft had to be shortened about 3 inches and the lockout tower needed to go, but it was a pretty easy swap.

MGW%20Shifter%202.JPG

MGW%20Shifter%203.JPG

MGW%20Shifter%204.JPG

MGW%20Shifter%205.JPG

that is one sexy shift knob ^^^^^^^^^^^
Why thank you! If the manufacturer can make the necessary modifications so it will fit a stock shaft without modifications, he might just do that to open these up to the Focus/Contour crowd as well. I'm going to send him the link to my post so he can see the pictures of how it turned out.

~Mike~

Back