• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Small cars are death traps!!!

Big cars are death traps too.

Big cars are death traps too.

In response....big cars are death traps too. :D

hummer.jpg

Right click the visible images and seek 'properties'. When the window pops up, copy the image link into the main bar of your browser and then change the numbers at the end.

Graphic content though. Edit: and holy **** the Bus who Schooled the H2. :eek:

It was already explained in the thread how to find them.QUOTE]

Yeah and I can't figure that out... I don't know how to copy the image location... Is it really that hard to post the link? If people don't want to see it they don't have to click it...

Use Firefox. Right click, open in new tab. Delete the ****.jpg and hit return to see the contents of the directory.

In response....big cars are death traps too. :D

hummer.jpg

One big difference. The guy in the H2 walked away.

Some more info on the crash:

The crash was on Madison Avenue in Indianapolis.
"Police said Sabrina Trotter, 44, the driver of an Indianapolis Public Schools bus, stopped on the road to take a cell phone call from her mother.
Police said the driver of a Hummer, John Northrop, 54, was going northbound and was tuning his radio when he plowed into the back of the bus.
Northrop suffered minor injuries. Police ticketed Trotter for an improper stop."

The hummer slammed into the back of the bus so hard it lifted the wheels of the bus off the ground. It's fun to pick on hummers, but when you get in a crash like that and walk away (there's not even any blood on the airbag) it's pretty impressive. This is a case of bus vs. bigger bus. Bigger bus wins, but nobody gets hurt. Sub-compact vs. bigger bus doesn't end up so pretty. More pics from some guy's blog:

http://necromanc.blogspot.com/2006/12/hummer-vs-school-buss.html

looking at this pic...
hummer_accident5.jpg

you can see that it is entirely possible for the driver to only have minor injuries, even the steering wheel didn't come back that far.
he walked away because of how he impacted the bus.
now if he had hit the bus centered, then he would have been killed.

this reminds me of a story from a few years back where a guy in a subaru got sammiched between two rigs.
there was almost nothing left of the car, but because of how the car crushed, he walked away.
in situations like these luck is a huge factor.

this reminds me of a story from a few years back where a guy in a subaru got sammiched between two rigs.
there was almost nothing left of the car, but because of how the car crushed, he walked away.
in situations like these luck is a huge factor.

He ended up ebaying the shift knob of that car as his "Lucky Shift Knob" since it was the only piece of the car not destroyed and he walked away.

Back