• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blinker HELP!

bullitt3246

New CEG'er
My blinkers have been working fine since I've had it. Then the headlamps went out. Well, it had a HID kit installed and I figured that was the problem. Anyways, I took the entire HID headlight kit out and replaced it with factory bulbs. Turned out to be a fuse to the MAIN Headlamps.

Anyways, NOW the blinkers will not work unless the high beams are on.

The hazards still flash like normal. When you DO you use the blinkers with the brights on they blink REAL fast. They seem to blink WAY faster than the normal speed. My mustang blniks faster when a bulb or something is out.

WHAT could this be? All the blinker bulbs work when the brights are on....

Welcome bullitt3246 :) .

Most of the time, when the blinkers blink very fast, it is due to a burnt out bulb, bad relay or multi function switch (MFS). Now, your situation is a little different. I suspect that you may have shorted one of the wires from the turn signal circuit to the headlamps. Check the wiring for your HID install (uninstall) again to make sure that none is "crossed". If you are sure that it is fine and the bulbs are fine, then you may have to get a new relay or MFS (aka turn signal stalk).

Welcome bullitt3246 :) .

Most of the time, when the blinkers blink very fast, it is due to a burnt out bulb, bad relay or multi function switch (MFS). Now, your situation is a little different. I suspect that you may have shorted one of the wires from the turn signal circuit to the headlamps. Check the wiring for your HID install (uninstall) again to make sure that none is "crossed". If you are sure that it is fine and the bulbs are fine, then you may have to get a new relay or MFS (aka turn signal stalk).

K, I know the HID removal didn't cause it. There is not many wires to it at all. I think it may be the relay. They were blinking fast before I touched it but they did work without the brights being on....

can they do that if the relay is just going out?

Back