• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone try aftermarket headlight assemblies?

They do work but there are some hit and miss fitment issues with them. Some of them stick out too far on the fender. But if you get lucky and do get a pair that fits, they are satisfactory OEM replacements.

I bought a pair of pre-98's from eBay. I was satisfied with the quality of them, the fit perfect, they sit firm and are flush. They didn't come with the retaining clips, so make sure you save your old ones.

They do have a bit of fitment issues as stated. The ones I bought allow moisture to get in and get all fogged up. Also the seals around the edges is starting to come up. Also the adjusters don't work right.

you know you can get a set from teamfordparts.com for $220 plus shipping, I think there is somewhere else that is also alittle cheaper but that is one hell of a deal if you ask me ... but then again I took advantage and got a set

i was shopping around and i came across headlamps for post 98 at $140 set my cost. they are through sherman auto, but im not shure how they will fit.

you know you can get a set from teamfordparts.com for $220 plus shipping, I think there is somewhere else that is also alittle cheaper but that is one hell of a deal if you ask me ... but then again I took advantage and got a set

I was really happy when I checked out the site, then I stumbled upon where it said "we do not ship internationally" :(

NVM, They do ship to Canada... :) But they are like US$170 each? How did you get them for $220 a set?

Last edited:
don't search for them in the normal catologs you need to go to the group buy area and add them to the cart there, or call Bill

My car came with an aftermarket light on the drivers side. The fitment is fine, but the reflector doesn't have as detailed of a pattern on it, so the light on the road isn't as even as the stock light, if that makes sense. Both of the adjustments are stripped as well. The only good thing about it was that it was ALOT easier to tear apart when I did Hightowers. IMO, for the price you can get them at Tousley Ford($98.57 each), theres no reason to buy aftermarket.

um, I think if you go to www.spaldingautoparts.com or search spalding spokane in google, if you give them a call they are selling brand new for 76 a piece and they fit awesomely.. I dunno what brand or whatever but mine are great and crystal clean at night. good luck, 200+ is crazy expencive I think...

Back