• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Northeast Sz Thread!

i already said, don't change plans cause of me. if you wanna leave friday fine, all i ask it that it's early. if that's not good, then whatever - i'll either drive to CT and come with them or i'll borrow a gps and hump out there by myself. i don't want to, but i will if i have to.

I don't think I'm going to be able to make SZ, AGAIN. :( I am in the process of building a bathroom, so my time is all tied up with that. But, I am going to Carlisle! :) woo-woo!

Sweet! I'm looking forward to finally meeting you. :)
I saw you in 03 but never got to meet you.

Been there/done that with the bathroom. It will be worth all the work, for sure. :)

Oh, and you can add your own name to the Carlisle list. :laugh: ;) :D

I'll add my name to the Carlisle list once I actually pay! BLECH, I keep forgetting to do it. Between work/house/woman/dog/life, I'm lucky I know my own name.

Chris, sorry about SZ, I will still register, so I can get my shirt and support CEG, but that's it. Its not a decision I made lightly, believe me. But, the bathroom needs to be built!

I will be sure to break it in, proper like. ;)

Edit:
Yeah, meeting and greet! :) You guys should go there Thursday. I used to do the Thursday-Monday trip. Well worth it and the extra time spent would be cool, since I would always hang out with the MI guys on Monday.

That's how it was in 01. You had the option to buy your shirt separately, but we were given very good prices for the shirts.
$15 is CHEAP for registration, so throwing t shirts in there for that price is near impossible.

yeah, i'll be needing an XS t-shirt for a special "friend" thats coming along. She will only be making a brief appearance at the Show N Shine :laugh:

^You're getting your "special friend" a t-shirt? :shrug: :D

Allen and I are talking about a time and are awaiting input from Paul.

If you want to go with the NE people that's fine, they won't be stopping as much as we will. It sounds as if you don't really want to do much stopping and that is fine, I have to make some stops.

Plus, we are still trying to track down a spot to meet up. The directions for Paul and Allen send them one way and the directions for me take me a different way. If we follow those directions we will all meet up just over the border in OH.

Last edited:
If you want to go with the NE people that's fine, they won't be stopping as much as we will. It sounds as if you don't really want to do much stopping and that is fine, I have to make some stops.

If you have to stop you have to stop. Doesn't your husband drive stick though lol??

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to get to CT and crash there for the night. It's about 7 hours from my house to buffalo - where the NE people will be passing through. 7 hours in the wrong direction though. 7 hours straight west would put me near ohio...

this was so much easier when there were people from NY that had contours...

Sure he can drive.
Because of the four shoulder surgeries that I've had, I cannot ride in the car for too long. Because of the injury I sustained, I get migraines and pain in my neck and shoulder, not to mention that I have chronic pain from the injury.

Simply put, I ripped my shoulder right out of the socket.(umm, that still makes me want to barf. :( ) No simple torn rotator cuff, I tore everything...ligaments, muscle, the whole 9.

There ya be, the whole sorted story in a nutshell. ;)

What kind of...oh, you said driver swaps. :D LMAO!

Pain bites but bites aren't painful. ;)

Back