• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Northeast Sz Thread!

TGO

King of the OFT
Who's going??

Who's caravan-ing?? Where/when are you meeting??

Who needs a roomate??

I want to do this - but i'm not driving 800 miles by myself.

So far it's Allen, Paul and myself that are going.

We were still working on where to meet. The plans at the moment are to head out on the 18th and leave for home on the 21st. (Fri to Mon)

At this point I'm sure I am still going though. :( I have room booked and have registered but we'll see.

i might be joing you guys might not depends i wont know until like the week before. but if anyone still needs a roommate at that time and i can go i would def room with someone becuase im not allowed to drive my car. Qoute my dad "your car wont make it that far it will break down and then what? you ll have to leave it on the side of the road."

Another qoute of my father after working on my car and taking it out to test it. " if it burst into flames just walk away"

I know. :(
Allen wanted to arrive on Friday and leave on Monday. Blame it on him. :laugh: ;) :D

that's seriously gay. what's the purpose of that? 12 hours on the road for not even the whole event? nuts to that!

we should leave EARLY thurssday and get there thursday evening for dinner/drinking! SZ is thursday to sunday, not friday to monday!

i guess i'll have to check with the new england people...i'll do a few hours by myself and see if we can meet up along the way. meet & greet is one of the best nights.

Last edited:
LOL!

I was thinking you might want to meet up with the New England crew. ;)

If you can get your azz over to western CT Wednesday sometime, maybe someone from that area will let you catch some z's and then leave with them to join our caravan. I forget who is furthest west, CSVT1214 or hotdimmes, but I know they're both registered for SZ this year.

We usually take the Mass pike and connect up with the NY State thruway, so the CT folks have to drive north a bit to meet on the pike.

I'll have to check our route to see what time we'll be out that way, but I guarantee you it's gonna be earlier than in the past.
I think it used to be around 5ish, so expect closer to 3 am Thursday morning this year.
Mike and I will be leaving NH around midnight to start things off and collect all you chuckleheads along the way. :)

Taking Wednesday off of work is almost a necessity for a trip like this.
It gives you time to prep your car, pack, etc, and also get a decent amount of sleep before heading out.

If you can get your azz over to western CT Wednesday sometime, maybe someone from that area will let you catch some z's and then leave with them to join our caravan. I forget who is furthest west, CSVT1214 or hotdimmes, but I know they're both registered for SZ this year.

We usually take the Mass pike and connect up with the NY State thruway, so the CT folks have to drive north a bit to meet on the pike.

I'll have to check our route to see what time we'll be out that way, but I guarantee you it's gonna be earlier than in the past.
I think it used to be around 5ish, so expect closer to 3 am Thursday morning this year.
Mike and I will be leaving NH around midnight to start things off and collect all you chuckleheads along the way. :)

Taking Wednesday off of work is almost a necessity for a trip like this.
It gives you time to prep your car, pack, etc, and also get a decent amount of sleep before heading out.

Don't be a sissy....Mt. Dew is all you need....screw sleep.

:p
Caffeinated sodas are actually the worst thing for road trips, from our experience. They give such ******* headaches by the end of the trip!
Your best bet is keeping hydrated with water and sports drinks, but not insane amounts so you're pissin' like a gurl every hour.
Energy drinks or Vivarin are absolute last resort type items.

Elky swears by road head. To each his own.

Your music selection is probably the other important thing that'll help keep ya going.
I warned Haroon about bringing only trance music last year. He blew me off, and then learned the hard way WHY I warned him. :D
Cd's, mp3's, Sirius, whatever you're using, you gotta mix up the music!

Don't forget to bring a 2-way radio too!

but the meet & greet is on thursday!!!

To tell you the truth , every day at Spring Zing is like a meet & greet - there are people in the parking lot from the afrternoon till all hours of the morning . We've done Spring Zing a few times now , and IIRC have always done fri-mon , maybe with the exception of SZ-01 (?) - and we thought it was a bit of a wasted day for us . We don't get into dyno-ing our car , or running on a racetrack , so that day doesn't really matter to us to be honest . I like to run the auto-x (which is on sunday) , and I'm not about to run an auto-x & drive straight home after (going home mon. also gets us out of the weekend traffic) . I've gotta plan my vaca days wisely , so days used are important (as in thurs-mon) .

If there's some discussion needed , we need to get our **** together & do it , as Spring Zing is RAPIDLY approaching . We've had it ironed out for quite some time now , and as we're getting close , there's debate ...

If you guys wanna change to thurs-sun , we've gotta do it now before it's too damn late to change the hotel room reservations :idea: .

Talk it out & I'll do whatever , as usual .

I'm not changing my hotel reservations. :)

The only thing I want to see is on Friday evening, the track thing. :D As for the rest, everyone will be there so we'll get to meet them when we arrive.

And, since everyone will already be there, people will stop and say "wow, look at those three hot CSVT's rolling in". :laugh: Show stopper...

it looks like there's alot more stuff planned than when i attended.

in 02 the banquet was the last day of activities and we all got sloshed and went out to breakfast on sunday and then bounced. i think...i don't even remember! i know i got home at like 2AM cause i had to help pascal find a hotel.

is anyone even still there on monday??

let me think about this...there's alot of people i haven't seen in a really long time.

but i don't wanna get there like friday night! we need to be on the road like when it's still dark out! i need time to unpack and chillax for a while.

back in 02 i don't know if the auto x was on sunday...i don't think so. everyone left on sunday. i'd like to do the road course at gingerman, but im always paranoid about doing things like that so far from home. i gotta see if i can get volvo to change my brake pads before i do anything wild like that.

Last edited:
We'll see ya when we roll in then.
:)

people arrive at all kinds of weird times, usually not from so far away though.

i don't want anyone to change plans...but i do ask that we leave mad early to atleast get there at a reasonable time.

EDIT: i'd like to get this set in stone before i start looking for a roomie, and asap so i can start looking for a roomie!

Last edited:
Back