• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring is almost here...

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
I finally got home from yesterday, put back on the summer wheels and changed the oil.

From the window:

100_2780.jpg

100_2789.jpg

From Behind:
100_2790.jpg

100_2791.jpg

100_2792.jpg

Back in its home, sorry about the screen, apparently it didnt focus well.
100_2793.jpg

nice I was going to put the summer wheels back on this weekend also but forgot to bring the lug nuts with me, doh :help:

i love your merc...dont get me wrong. its one of the most heavily modified on the site, but if you got rid of the gold grill and the gold wiper base...i think it would look eleventy billion times better. but thats just me...you do what you want ;)

nice looking merc!

That's gross. Quick hint: if lots of people say "It's cool if you like it..." then you know it's ugly.

nice edit .... :nonono:

the car isn't what I would do myself but he has but in alot of hard work to get it where it is .... did you know he did 90% of the body work himself? before you go **** on someone elses work like that do some reseach :nonono: :mad:

the end product is very nice and personalized ... hell of alot better then the typical ricer crap you see out there

Last edited:
I love the car but the trim is overkill. Ditch about half of the gold trim and drop the bish, and you're "golden". :laugh:

That's gross. Quick hint: if lots of people say "It's cool if you like it..." then you know it's ugly.

Good thing I didn't build the car for you or I'd be in a **** load of trouble now, If you want it changed would you like to pay for it, hmmm, No, thats what I thought, so STFU.

Anyway, one of my projects this summer was to redo the gold trim, been thinking about it alot and been taking into consideration people's thoughts. We'll see, my priorities have shifted now that I'm in school.

nice edit .... :nonono:

the car isn't what I would do myself but he has but in alot of hard work to get it where it is .... did you know he did 90% of the body work himself? before you go **** on someone elses work like that do some reseach :nonono: :mad:

the end product is very nice and personalized ... hell of alot better then the typical ricer crap you see out there

Thanks Brian, really appreciate that. I know alot of people dont like it, and yah its not an "SVT", but too bad. This is a contour/mystique sight not an SVT sight. Yah its different and I like it, if i had spent a little more time i could have gotten the SVT kit, but again its not an svt.

Is the paint flat?

What do mean by flat?

It has a fine metal flake in it, but it was very cloudy yesterday so it didnt show up very well. The sparkle usually doesn't show up on camera though, kinda sucky, but w/e.

I have to agree with BrApple for the first time EVAA!!!!!!!

It's definitely not something I would do myself, But I give the guy a great big pat on the back. Just for at least sticking to his theme. It looks a hell of alot better than those ricers you see with unfinished body kits, ot more colors than a Christmas Tree just because the one piece looks cool.

That car is very well thought out. Great job!

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, really appreciate that. I know alot of people dont like it, and yah its not an "SVT", but too bad. This is a contour/mystique sight not an SVT sight. Yah its different and I like it, if i had spent a little more time i could have gotten the SVT kit, but again its not an svt.

I don't dislike it because it's not an SVT, I dislike it because it's ugly. The molding job is amazing, but the color scheme is just gross.

Yeah blue and gold...what a strange color combo...who would ever do that one.... </subaru sarcasm>

I actually thought about bronze/gold wheels for a while. My bro brought up a good point to me though about silver/chrome stuff on the car that would clash but it seems like you took care of that Dan :cool: You should match your exhaust tip with some of that duplicolor gold metalcast for the finishing touch.

Back