• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

svt struts and H&R springs on front/stock on back?

Trademark

CEG'er
I hate how my front is crazy high compared to my back.. if I put my H&R's with some stock SVT struts on the front.. will that lower my front end ride height? I just put E1's on with 225/50/16 tires and it seems like it's even higher off the ground than with my steelies and 205/60/15's.. I don't really have the $ for the rear yet.. and also, if I put the h&r springs on the back will my height go up? I will take some pics for ya later today so you can see what I have got.. thanks
Andy

The H&R's will lower your cars height at the front. You're going to have somewhat of a raked look until you get them on the back as well. And also, the rear H&R's will not raise your ride height either. On a side note, if you are going with aftermarket springs you should probably replace your struts since they are more prone to blow at the lowered height.

thanks but I got the set of H&R springs.. I just cannot afford to do the whole setup right now.. and I hate the nose of my car so high in the air.. :-(

My bad I thought you just had the H&R fronts. But yea the H&R's lower the front a pretty considerable amount. The H&R rears are obviously lower than stock but not as low as the front and tends to give you that raked look.

Did you get that PM about cost for the struts? Let me know what you think.

here is some pics of the problem

DSCF3042.jpg

DSCF3043.jpg

DSCF3044.jpg

I do have a 10" sub in the back but the box only weights around 35lbs.. I probably have a strut problem but the only issue I have is the ride height..

Last edited:
Yeah, from the looks of it the rear suspension is done for. The H&Rs should help level out the ride height but eventually you should redo all the suspension including struts.

Going with spring rates from two different setups front and rear can cause you some really strange ride ratio stuff. I'm not sure how bad it will be w/ the mix you describe, but its possible to get your ride frequency off enough to where the car is nauseating to drive or even ride in.

Back