• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Needed

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
I ran into a guy tonight whose daughter has a 98 CSVT with a bad engine.
He is looking to buy a 2.5L Duratech complete engine. He said he would prefer an SVT but would take a non-SVT Duratec.

If anybody has one, please msg me.

silverfrost SVT. with 17s. Ive seen it before. Ive actually met them aswell.

Just ran outta time man i had another motor from when i bought my motor for my SVT when i got the car blown and just recently sold it..Sorry i wish i could have helped a Contour owner out..

last time I spoke to him a 3L would have been too much power for the guys daughter so he thought. I also think the cost for him was too much at the time but I dont remember.

Engine Needed

First of all I want to thank Brent & Kim for helping my daughter and I to find a engine for her SVT and for SVTTOUR,I can't remember your name but I think we met you at Gary's Mechanic Shop where the car was being repaired for a about a month's time. I think Gary bought some parts from you like headlights,valve cover,etc. for her SVT. I would like to get her car running soon as possible so she could drive it to her senior year at high school and to quit buggin me. Thanks for your help

Joe,

How much are you looking to spend here?
I saw a V6 Contour for sale for under $1000 online (don't remember where) that needed a trans, but the engine was ok.
Would something like that be an option for you?
What is the highest mileage you are willing to consider?

-Brent

Engine Needed

I checked Greenleaf and they wanted $2,600 for a rebuilt motor and as far as junkyards go, you don't know what your going to get.There is several engines available locally but the milage and condition is unknown and I would like to put this engine in once.I'm lookin to spend no more than a $1000 for a svt motor and around $500 for 2.5 Duratec contour,cougar,mystique motor with 50,000 miles or less.

for the price, you are SERIOUSLY in 3L territory (as far as budget) but NOWHERE NEAR the enjoyment levels.

If you would let your daughter drive a new Mazda6, or Lincoln Mkz, you aren't looking at anything she wouldn't see in a 3L SVT. I wouldn't waste a dime on a 2.5 Duratec that wasn't an SVT, and I wouldn't spend another dollar for an SVT 2.5, when the 3L option is so cheap. (You can get a LOW mileage 01+ escape 3L for ~400-600.

Install wouldn't be any more than it would cost to install the 2.5 you are sourcing, either way!

Whats up Joe. I am gald you got on the forums. Yes I did meet you at Gary's shop. Can I ask you a question does your contour still have a motor inside it or was it removed? What ended up happening with the situation for the dealer that you bought the car from?

Engine Needed

Here's the hole story behind this SVT. I put a bid on this car on Ebay not thinking that I would win it but I did and thats when the bad luck started to happen. It had an oil leak from the oil pan and that led to the rear valve cover gasket then I told the mechanic to go ahead and change the front valve cover gasket then the EGR valve was missing then the water pump was a plastic impeller type so I changed that,then the 2 wiring harnesses were cracked and brittle so I had that replaced,then the secondary's was frozen shut,replaced that,then the A/C compressor was bad and the A/C line up front was crimped so I had that all replaced. The tie rod had to be replaced also. After all that I got the car runnin and $3,000 later the car spun a rod bearing 3 hours later. I pull the engine to get it rebuilt and notice there is yellow markings on the block and the heads. It ends up being a junkyard contour motor.You talk about Bad Luck, I got it. So the story behind all this I have a SVT with unknown motor parts, I don't know if the heads are SVT or contour or if the throttle body is SVT or Contour.The transmission is still in the car at my house but the engine is at Gary's Mechanic Shop in pieces.I got To much money in this car already. I would like to get a SVT engine for it or if I could get a 3L would be even better, but I got a $1,000 budget to get this done. I will even put a contour 2.5 Duratec to get it running so my Daughter will leave me alone, but I need to make this car dependable to drive to her senior year at high school and then she's off to college over on the westcoast which she will comute home every weekend. Hopefully she will pay me back :) Thats my story,Pretty Sad but its all True.

Last edited:
Back