• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New owner! 98 CSVT custom interior

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
hey guys my name is Bob and today i purchased Bob's (cannondalemtb) 98 CSVT, its got 98k on it.

its got a custom interior, K&N intake, mesh front and rear lower grilles (i have the mesh for the top front grille not installed yet) also has 2 alpine 10's, a short shifter and 17" rims.

i am so happy, i cant wait to get this car, he is delivering it around 12pm tommorow, i cant wait! right now i drive a taurus, and originally found out about csvts like 2 years ago from a guy on TCCA (taurus forums) and was looking to buy one, i looked and Hugo's 98 svt but it got sold before i put up an offer.

anyways, this was my 18th birthday present from my awsome dad, im going to treat it right and do a few nice things to it.

paint the calipers, as a start, and fix the sunroof motor. then perfhaps a borla exhaust for graduation...

ill post pics tommorow, they can be found in the classified car section though, under 98 svt custom interior.

please let me know of some cool relatively low priced mods for the car, maybe a resonator delete but bob advised me on rasp, i dunno maybe some pullies or somethinng in the future.

Congratulations!! :)
I know you've been looking for a CSVT for quite awhile now and glad it has worked out for you.
I PM'd you some cheap mods that you can do.

I know you'll take good care of it!

That's a nice birthday present! I love that interior.

(that's the only SVT I've ever ridden in :) )

yea the car is sweet, it has a few little knicks, but ill get it perfect in a few months. its needs 2 new tires, a sunroof motor, and the headlights are fogged up.

me and bob are going to bake the headlights apart and fix the condensation them "JDM" them. (paint them black on the inside), not sure what to do with the eyelids though because they will probably melt in the oven...

just a few questions.... whats a good cheap exhaust setup to go with until i can get a borla exhaust this summer?

ive heard:
resonator delete
magnaflow resonator
magnaflow resonator w/o mufflers
3rd cat delete ect....

anyways, i dont know much about CSVT's so i just want to know what will sound good.

also what are the low and high beam headlight numbers? probably put some silverstar ultras in because i have those in my taurus now and they kick ass!
ill keep you guys posted on my progress.

another thing, please tell me about this car:

pro/cons
what to do, and how well the car does it
and what not to do with the car

and is the tranny decent on these cars? cause the tranmission on my taurus was terrible, i had B&M trick shift tranny fluid and a Stacked plate front mount cooler and it still bucked.

another thing, please tell me about this car:

pro/cons
what to do, and how well the car does it
and what not to do with the car

and is the tranny decent on these cars? cause the tranmission on my taurus was terrible, i had B&M trick shift tranny fluid and a Stacked plate front mount cooler and it still bucked.

there are pros and cons to any car, but when i had my svt i never complained much.

There are plenty of mods out thre just depends on how deep your poeckets are. The easiest are things like an intake and cat-back, but the best would be to do headers, y pipe, and cat back for maximum performance.

I don't know of many mods that the car doesn't deal with but i'm sure some other people can chime in on that one.

That tranny's have one major fault to them, and that's the diffs, they don't like abuse, so things like hard launches, burnouts, and such may blow the diff, but there are LSD's that are available that will take just about anything you can throw at them.

Keep the coolant a half inch above the max line and run 6 to 6.5 quarts of oil.

me and bob are going to bake the headlights apart and fix the condensation them "JDM" them. (paint them black on the inside)

Please dont make me kick you in the nuts. You dont relate Special Vehicle Team with Japanese Domestic Market... Thats where Chris Hightower stepped in.

Back