• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Portland track days/Drags open

PDXSVT

Veteran CEG'er
What do you get when you add a 1.9 mile road racing course with drag racing three nights a week? Throw in motocross racing, bicycle racing (Derk?), BMW club track days, Subiefest2 track day (Barge?), historical races, other car club track days, track school, autocross and sometimes even winston cup/champ car events?

Yep, the season has started: PIR is open, check out the schedule and the youtube links:

http://www.portlandraceway.com/

Subiefest had an AutoX only... the on track fun was for Time attack people only.

I do plan on some serious AutoX'ing and open tracking this year though. So if people wanna set up something i'm up for whatever.

Damn! Sorry I missed this. I'm near Gleneden/Salishan on the coast this weekend.

Anyone got some pix or ETs to post?

77983617.jpg

1:25:26 half marathon. I felt good for the first 9 miles, a little rough after that. But, I ran a personal best! (6:32/mi - I'm really happy with that!)

Oh...you were asking for drag times.;) Sorry, I'm just stoked about a great race. It feels good to be done training, too!

Felt GOOD?... for the FIRST 9 miles? Whoa.

The last 4 miles always kills me. Especially when I'm running a 6.5 K event.

Unfortunately I have no slips from Sat. When I arrived it appeared kinda dead. They allowed me in to "see if my friends were there" and I didn't see any Contours. There wasn't much of anything interesting really, so I passed on racing.

I'm planning on being down a weekend in May, so we'll have to get something together.

Back