• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Happened here?

It's an old Cavalier, I don't think they needed the ugly stick to begin with. :laugh:

I don't know, there are some that just need a few more hits to finish em off.

Perhaps you jumped something, cause i know i jumped my old beater. You should've seen the air i got off my friend's moto-x table top, i did that twice and damn was that fun! I only killed it once, broke the CPS, but that was a good 5-6ft of air and straight down to the ground. I did bend alot of sh*t though.

I used to do that with my Hyundai at a spot that suddenly curves down.

Of course since it was a gutless 1.6L I had to get a running start from about 2 miles away.

I'm going to guess you went field bombing with that beater and hit a stump.

Close!

drum roll....

:laugh:

Stump on a tractor path!

:laugh: Attempted to take the Cavalier through the old tractor path around our property. It was used up until 4 years ago when my grandfather passed away. The original intent of the path was to collect wood for the stoves that burn in winter.

We almost pulled the stump out! :mad:

Oh and then we backed it up in the woods (the path is a one way surround by trees) and drove up and around the other way through the back of my grandmother's yard! :laugh:

Its leaking oil now...So I'm off to get an oil pan today at the EZ pull. :blackeye: Local mechanic said 120 for gaskets and labor if I bring him a pan. I might try to do it myself, but its so freakin cold...Getting the pan will be enough to begin with. :crazy:

But over all it was a good day! We drove the cavalier up and over the mountain pass road (bumps @ 35! turns @ 20!) Stalled it driving circles in dirt! Stopped and got 75 wings, eaten between 3 guys and my little brother. Then hit a stump, then drove some more. Then did a damage assesment. Went to the garage, drove some more. (lol) Then went and saw blads of glory @5! I was back by 7 and watched Back to the Future and fell asleep! Best day in the past year!:cool:

So whoever said that the contour was hard to work on, can come do my oil pan. :mad: 3 1/2 hours to uninstall!

Went to the junkyard this afternoon to get a replacement. Tell you what, removing an oil pan is complete pain in the ass. We had to remove the alternator, to remove the header, to remove the starter. Had to remove a tire, to remove a wheel well guard, to break a wheel well guard to remove an oil filter. Had to puncture an oil filter with a hammer and pilers to remove an oil filter. Had to remove an oil filter adaptor to remove a bolt, had to remove the transmission plate to remove a bolt, had to rip out a trans filter because it keep dripping. Had to remove a plate covering the flywheel to make clearance to drop the pan...The only parts reaming under the car was the compressor and the block! :laugh: oh and the wire harness was removed too. And the air filter systerm and water pump accesories were already removed from the car, which would have had to been done if there were still in existance when we go to the car!

Think Ford makes some bad choices on part placement! GM takes the cake and fills it with gold.

I don't think there are as many parts to remove on the contour for the alternator swap as there is on the Cavalier for the oil pan!!! :laugh:

Back