• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fire Millen

Dave98SVT

CEG'er
Does anyone else hate Matt Millen. Numbers have shown that this guy is the worst GM ever. Yet he still has a job. So I was just wondering if there are any fellow Detroit Lions fans left. ESPN the magazine just did a ranking of all of the 4 major sports franchises and the Detroit Lions came in dead last. It said in the last three years they have hit rock bottom three times. I think it's time the Lions FIRE MILLEN and hire Chris Spielman as the new GM.

Do you know where he got the decal. eBay had some nice ones that were in the shape of the ford logo but they're no longer available.

I think Matt Millen dug his own grave with the way he treated his veteran leaders. For instance placing Herman Moore on IR when his injury wasn't that serious something he actually went to the NFLPA with and he was eventually released after taking multiple pay cuts to stay on the Lions but I guess that is how you treat the Lions all time leader in every receiving category. Then he and Mooch did the same thing with the Lions all time sack leader Robert Porcher. How about his drafts out of his six first round picks over the last five years only three(Sims,Roy,Kevin Jones) are on the active roster. Even if your first round picks aren't stars they should at least be able to play out their contract on your team without being so bad that you have to take a cap hit and release them.

I was at the Orange Out game in Dec. 05 but I still wore a Lehman jersey though. There were security guards everywhere. Everyone said they were from Ohio and I was like I don't remember all you guys coming to the Silverdome back when you were the Bungles. So I returned to Ford Field first game this year to see the Lions lose 12-9 to seahawks. That was pretty much the highlight of the year; almost beating the NFC Champion how sad is that.

I can't think of anything Matt Millen can do that is worse than what he has already done to the team. One time on the tv show Coach when he is coaching the Orlando Breakers the team owner sold the first round pick to Jerry Jones for a ranch. Even this would be an improvement over Matt Millens moves like trading for Ty Detmer; 7 interceptions in his first game with the Lions.

I don't know where Jenison Michigan is compared to Macomb Township but I've been thinking about this, we all should try and get together somewhere about once a month during football season and watch a game. Yes I know they suck but misery loves company and I'm sure some colorful language and comments would make for a great afternoon:shrug:

I don't know where Jenison Michigan is compared to Macomb Township but I've been thinking about this, we all should try and get together somewhere about once a month during football season and watch a game. Yes I know they suck but misery loves company and I'm sure some colorful language and comments would make for a great afternoon:shrug:

I wouldn't say the Lions suck it's just that they tend to take the same gamble on players. Like Boss Bailey, Tedy Lehman, and Ernie Sims are some of my favorite players but we drafted all three knowing they had injury problems. I think they have all been on the field together only a couple of times and your linebackers need to comunicate and be familiar with one another and play every game they are the leaders of the defense. I really believe were going to draft Calvin Johnson this year when we already have Roy and Furrey. We now have three young running backs that all want to be the starter. We should have Kevin Jones, a veteran like maybe Corey Dillon or Jamal Lewis and draft a player in the third round or later. That way guys know their roles and can work together instead of every year having open competition. They are a bad team but you can go from worst to first like the Tigers in the era of the salary cap. Which is why they need a proven winner not a rookie GM, and a rookie Coach and always trying to re-build they have absolutely no structure or leadership. Jenison is about three hours from Detroit but I try to go to two or three games every year. I think we should try to get together for a game perhaps a Fire Millen parade with our cars. We could send pictures or a tape to the Fords saying hey were Lions Fans and Ford Owners so how about a little payback and get rid of Millen I know this will never work. But it might be fun to try. I can't watch Millen destroy the team I love any longer.

just about EVERYONE in MI hates Matt Millen...

Except William Clay Ford. He felt Millen needed a contract extension. Also there are some people who actually think Millen has done a good job, I personally know of two people who I hate, and they both think Millen has had good drafts; anybody who always has a top ten pick because of an awful season and needing to fill so many holes could have a good draft.

Ernie Sims is going to work out just fine I think:cool:

BTW, I love talking football in the spring....wait, its January, I just looked outside:rolleyes: :eek: :cry: :help: :confused:

Ernie Sims is going to work out just fine I think:cool:

BTW, I love talking football in the spring....wait, its January, I just looked outside:rolleyes: :eek: :cry: :help: :confused:

I really hope Sims works out and doesn't get hurt. If you remeber both Bailey and Lehman had impressive rookie seasons and then got hurt in their second. I hope all three are healthy all off-season and regular season because they have a lot of talent. Lehman is the second coming of Spielman.

I hope the Lions trade down in the draft because they need a lot of help and not Brady Quinn. I would like to see them trade down for a young cornerback and draft Drew Stanton in the late first or early second. At least Stanton is a playmaker and I still enjoyed watching him this year even though MSU was awful.

Back