• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New here, well kinda, pics of my svt!

SVTTOUR2391

CEG'er
I am a new member, but i have been reading the forums for about a year now. I finally stopped being lazy, and decided to join! I bought my svt contour a year and a half ago with 97,XXX miles on it. The transmission went out after a few weeks :mad: , so i got it rebuilt (i was kinda pissed). I also got the clutch replaced, with an LUK oem one. Since then i have installed a K&N filter, and bat struts with H&R springs. The car now has 105,700 miles on it and im pretty happy with it. At around 104,000 i blew out the differential, which chipped all the gears in the tranmission and made a horrible clicking sound. So i got that rebuilt under warranty, and also had a torsen put in. The car has been good, but the transmission issues have been kinda annoying. Now the drivers side CV joint is clicking. but oh well. Sorry for the ranting.
Heres pics of my car at around 100,000 miles without the suspension.

2ezk5ys.jpg

2vaea1s.jpg

That thing needs new HL's stat. No sanding is going to help those.

no, its just the glare from the sun. I've already sanded them too (not sanded in that pic) and they look pretty clear.
I'll try to get some pics of the new suspension when the car is clean. Its wierd because the front sits higher than the back, and its supposed to be the other way around with H&R's. I think its just the BAT struts thats making it sit like that.

Welcome to CEG :)

Sounds like you're on the track to the same problems I had!! And in pretty much the same order. First to go was the tranny (common 3rd gear synchro), then my left front CV shaft, then my left front wheel bearing........notice anything in common? LOL

Mine has 140K on it now, with many things on it that need to be fixed. Good luck with yours, some people just have better luck than others. And others also keep better care of their car than what I do now :(

Welcome to the CEG and make sure to take full advantage of Parkedcar's services, he's right in your backyard:idea:

Everytime one pops up on here I always get my hopes up to see if it was the one that I totaled (I had help via the prick driving in the car next to me).

Back