• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic request: 4pt harness installs

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
I know I've seen a couple pics before but i can't seem to find them. I'm looking for install pics of some harnesses and if available the name of the kit you used. I think i recall Todd had a kit installed in his car...anyone else?

~Josh

Home made.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/85CEADE752F6700/standard.jpg

I just ordered my harnesses. I should have the 3 point sparcos here tonight. Ill probably start working on them tomm.

check out my myspace for mine, it works, but i need a harness bar for it to be considered safe at any real speeds. though i got into an accident last week, and i was goin 30 and i didnt have a single pain the day after.

Umm these aren't to be utilized on THE FREAKIN' STREET!!!!!!!!!!!! They really shouldn't be used in any condition except AutoX.

LOL mine will only be connected when visiting the GMAN.

People who roll with them on the street = Not Smart

They dont give, and will snap your spine!

couldnt that also happen on a track? granted you might not catch the speeds in a autox, but, on a track i have seen over 110 before and while using the 4-point belts. isn't it possible to snap your spine there too? i guess i am "stupid" because i have used harness belts on the street more then once and have never been told otherwise by anyone; not even schroth.

yes it could. In theory harness, should be used with fixed back buckets, which should be used with a cage, which should be used with a helmet... yadda yadda yadda

I think a lotta people are very confused on here.
They're fine to use anytime you want IF they are installed correctly. Obviously they don't snap your spine (again, if installed correctly) as that would pretty much defeat the purpose of them.
Correctly using them all the time can be a hassle so that's a good reason to keep the stock belt installed.

I had a three point in my 96. I put two eye bolts through the floor pan and the third part connected into the rear seat seat belt anchor. The corbeau stuff (using double release) goes right into it. .... Though I have no idea if that is a good installation, just the way I had it.

i personally prefer my harness over my stock seat belts on the streets. i love stayin where i sit threw the twisties :)

and a harness bar is one of my next things so that wont be a problem anymore either.

Back