• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will these fit?

csvt2200

Veteran CEG'er
I am looking at buying some wheels that came off a Focus. They are 17x8's with a 38mm offset, will these still fit with that offset? if so what size tires should I put on? the guy said the last set of tires that were on them were 215/40/17, but I was thinking some wider tires would look better if they wouldn't rub...:ponder:

If they fit a focus, they will fit a contour. You might have some rubbing issues in the rear. 215s are definetely too narrow for a 8" wheel and a 40 series tire on any 17" rim is just going to look like rubber bands on the tire. At least go with 225s. I have 235s on my 19x8s with iirc 42 mm offset and they do rub in the rear.

I have 235x40x17's on a 2004 Focus rim on my CSVT with BAT suspension and they just clear everything. I think the offset on these were 40mm. The side benefit, if you care, is that the speedo is accurate since the circumference is the same as stock, at least for my 2000.

CA SVT Driver
2000 T.Red CSVT

It varies for each car. Also if the car is lowered that can change things. I rub with 225/45/17 and 225/50/16 with roush springs and a 40 offset for the 16s.... not sure of 17" offset but it seems similar.

Back