• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Does this work???

there's been mixed reviews over the years about extra grounding wires.

If you have a bad ground off the engine already, yes, you will see an improvement.

But if everything is fine already, then there is very little chance it will be a worthwhile investment.

I did my own ground wire upgrade on left over 4 gauge wire from amp installs.... Upgraded pretty much all those engine grounds that are like 12 gauge or some ****.... If you want pics I can post em...

I did my own ground wire upgrade on left over 4 gauge wire from amp installs.... Upgraded pretty much all those engine grounds that are like 12 gauge or some ****.... If you want pics I can post em...

post please... did you notice any difference? like lights brighter or anything.

2 Upgraded wires on passenger side
100_2551.JPG

Same Wires
100_2552.JPG

Upgraded main fender ground and the other one goes to throttle body
100_2553.JPG

Throttle body ground
100_2555.JPG

Just extra 4 gauge wire I had around, then loomed it all.... Didn't notice any difference.... I suppose with a new ignition like an MSD or if I had an amp or something I might notice it.... don't know for sure though...

Looks like a snake oil sale to me.

I haven't, but I believe you are correct, sir. If you're not noticing any electrical malfeasance with your stock setup, those wires in the auction won't make things any better.

And in the old forums, there have been reports of hp loss or ignition problems because of the ECU -> fender ground.

Since the OEM grounds are very small, I would not call upgrading them "snake oil". I would also not replace them looking for any hp gains, but just to ensure everything is properly grounded. I would imagine that a good quality 8 gauge cable would be more than adequate.

Back