• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group drive and dine

Group drive and dine

• Total voters
How's everybody feel about May 12, say, 1:00, place to be determined? If that doesn't work for you, let's hear what does, and perhaps we'll be able to form some kind of consensus.

well, it seems like everyone is busy up until spring zing, and although there is a huge meet in the spring(spring zing), we should still have a spring meet for ourselves, so lets not let this die out.

It looked like i would be coming home this month, but between playoffs and getting ready for detroit i have found that i have no time.

End of May works, although im going to florida at some point. hmmm, not sure if ill be able to make this one.

Sorry guys and gals

no mid may, people are getting ready for SZ then

Didn't we already go over this? Not everyone and their dog is going to Spring Zing. More power to the folks that are, but what about the rest of y'all? I'm doing the Nationals, not SZ, for example. Guess I don't have to become a dentist to appreciate what its like pulling teeth.

Talking cars over a beer. No arm twisting should ever be required for such an event. :cool:

Many thanks to those who have shown interest. We will press on and see what works. Keep it coming.

lol Goonz isn't even going to SZ! I don't have any 'prepping' to do but my weekend schedule is crazy at the moment. Can't confirm but I'll try to make any day that is scheduled.

I'd possibly be interested in going (if my car is back together again). It would have to be near the end of May. How about the weekend of the 19th or 20th.

Ok, here it is. A time and place has been established. On Saturday, May 19th, dunny668 and I are headed to the LongHorn in Raynham, MA, at the intersection of Rtes. 24 and 44. We'll be arriving at 1:00 PM, having lunch, and shooting the bull. I know that some will be doing Spring Zing, but I would like to invite any of you that can make it. At minimum, we'll have two SVTs there. :cool:

Post here or shoot me a PM if you can swing it.

Damn. That's the same day as a hot friend on mine's confirmation party. I told her I'd go, DUH :laugh: . I'd like to meet some of you guys though. *sigh* And to think I was probably gonna pick up so OEM fogs and do the foglight mod and show off :crazy: haha. Now I have no one to show! They wouldn't appreciate it :(.

I'am going to do the best I can to make it there, i will know more when it gets closer to the date. I'll bring my contour and svt brochure collection along so those that haven't had a chance to see it can gaze at it,1995-2000 contour including ford press release video and 1998-2000 svt and svt preview video it also includes concept artwork for the svt and press release paperwork on svt letter head :drool: . It's known has the ne-ceg contour archives :laugh: .

possibly the best tv show ever

Ever see the one where he holds up a golf ball, points out that the dimples make it more aerodynamic, then takes a ball peen hammer to an '85 Tempo in an effort to achieve the same effect?

Hope you'll be able to make the LongHorn trip on the 19th.

It's looking like rain straight through till sunday. My tour is a fair weather driver :laugh: and it will be dry in the garage if the weather is crappy. I'll keep checking the weather though before I cancel for sure.

I'll be there, rain or shine, at 1:00, as will dunny668. Buddy of mine with a '91 SHO may swing up, too, in addition to other parties that have expressed interest. I figure, even in the rain, you can't go wrong with a cold beer, a rare rib eye and the automotive bull session. Hope to see anyone who can make it.

yeah I hear you, but my tour isn't a daily driver and I don't run it in crappy weather, the wife will have the explorer at work and I'll have to see if I feel like running the sable down there, kinda felt like taking the tour for a spin since I haven't met any of you before and you haven't seen my car yet either. oh well no biggie.

Back