• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group drive and dine

Group drive and dine

• Total voters
Laura is the car's name. I don't make a very attractive woman. Very hard to find heels in my size.

The response to this group drive and dine idea hasn't been overwhelming :). You'd think the plan was to take a drive through a manure covered field for a downwind picnic.

Just thought I'd jump in here and see if there is really any interest in doing this. My thanks to 2000myst and dunny668 for voting in the poll.

I'm still not certain when I'll be getting my car back on the road yet, so I haven't been able to commit myself to any of the upcoming meets.
I've been too focussed on house projects lately, that I have a hard time getting the motivation for anything else.

well I don't know about anyone else but my weekends have been extremely busy and booked up .... plus alot of use are focused on SZ next month ...

Right now is a crazy time for me. I have so many unfinished projects with my cars and trying to finish up my 98 in time for SZ.

Between work, cars, and other upcoming shows/events, I have no time to think about anything else.

Yeah, the cars aren't even completely out of hibernation yet with all this late season snow. It looks like SZ will be our first meet.

Perhaps we'll be able to arrange another such gathering during the summer that is more convenient to those that have other things going on at this point.

But for those that can make one of the times mentioned, including those who have not yet come out of the woodwork, we'll set this thing up if there's enough interest. Just let me know.

it still works for me!!, may 5th is a possiblilty if that is what people can do, but i have a concert to go to back at school, so driving back and forth would kinda suck.

I rarely commit myself to a meet, so I'm no good in deciding for a date. ;)

June into mid-July is completely booked for me, several of my friends are graduating college or getting married. (I have a wedding, engagement bash, two graduation parties, commencement ceremony, and my birthday already on the calendar and likely more to come as time progresses!)

I am free early May, but again that's prep time for SZ travels so it's a maybe.

I'm taking a stab at reigniting this pitiful thread. :cool:

4/28 is tomorrow, so I don't think that will end up working out. I ended up booking 5/5 for other things, including a window regulator install in a Fox Cougar.

That said, I'd like to get some feedback on what works. We could just gather one afternoon for lunch, no cruise required, have the bull session about cars, and call it a day. I'm very flexible about the location -- I bought an SVT because I love to drive it, so Mass, CT, you tell me. I was rather thinking of the Rio Grande restaurant and bar in New London / Guilford, CT, near the RI line.

I know Spring Zing may get in the way for some of you, but there have to be a good number of folks that have time to eat lunch and talk cars some afternoon. Let's hear it.

Last edited:
It's hard with the daily grind of life. It's funny the other day I was looking back at some of the old pics from past meets over 7 yrs :eek: . some years we met all the time some years maybe once or twice. The year before last I hosted like 3 meets and I couldn't do any last year. So don't get to fustrated trying to get the new england gang together it goes in crazy cycles.

I would just pick I nice weekend throw out the date and if people show they show, it's been done like that in the past. I'll make an effort :laugh: .

don't be afraid to do it during May 19-20th either. Just because a handful of us are gone, doesn't mean you can't have a local get together.

I gotta check out when we're available in the coming month.

I wouldnt mind coming thru to CT. Im from NJ and if i come ill def get my friend to come with me.

Ill KIT about this one since i doubt ill b able to make it to SZ which sucks. My court dates and stuff are gettin in the way, especially since i might get my license suspended. but thats another case! I would like to come meet all of yall. It would be my 1st.

So take my virginity???!!! :shrug: LOL

im down for a little gather of sorts, lets get some interest going on this...even though my car is still hurting in the rear bumper dept....i have a disease called procrastination

...i have a disease called procrastination

No prob -- you can cure it tomorrow :cool:

First off, this is going to go down on a weekend, so let's first pick either a Saturday or a Sunday, then we can try to nail down the exact week. I prefer Saturday, but chime in.

well I'm in Worcester and am going to be in Maine in a few hours ... so I'm out for today lol ..

lol we should def wait a few weeks cuz it seems everyone is like dying and cant do it so soon. maybe mid-end of may? but thats just my opinion :)

Back