• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yawn...it's too slow around here!

I'm here too! I'm one of a few who attended the Car Show/Meet. I can remember when that was a guaranteed good meet.
Anyway, I'm very interested in a meet. As always, I will try to get my buddy with the Silver SVT there as well.
I also wanted to guage the interest in a possible cross-vehicle meet with some Scion guys. I was told that some guys from Scionzone meet the 3rd Saturday of every month at the Sonic in Hillsboro. I was thinking we could meet up with them the 3rd Saturday in June. You know, almost like "old school", nice cars all parked at the burger joint to show off. Just an idea so let me know what you think.

-Aaron

<-- god of digging up old posts.

Anyways, my cylinder #1 is still :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed up. the car is running, but since it cylinder #1 can go out at anytime I have taken my expedition to montana for college instead of the svt. It's been sitting for nearly a year and a half or so without daily driving, only once every few months. Believe it or not the gas in the car cost me $3.63, i saw the receipt lol.

Anyways, I am around and will probably be posting some more. Doing a lot of searching. I need to replace some :censored::censored::censored::censored: in cylinder #1. Going to do it this xmas. Shotwell your still more then welcome to come :) I know you have torn the svt engine apart before.

I was reading someplace where a fella had a cylinder go out and he just fixed that one........ a few miles later another went out, so he fixed that one too.......... a few miles later the whole engine came apart. He had pics of the twisted parts and stuff......

go 3L

my 2 cents :laugh: ,

AF

Well hello to everyone. Im pretty knew to the forum... just signed up really but i own a 99 contour SVT. Got it and crashed it about 3 months after i got it... put it into a ditch going 70 lol. well i fixed it sort of and now need help finding parts and other things for it... i put a whole knew dash in and radiator,and many other things. but i still drive it around.btw i live in puyallup WA. so if any of you guys live around here and have any idea of how to find cheap parts for an SVT or any at that matter send me a message :help: . otherwise ill still keep lookin for you guys on the road.

Well hello to everyone. Im pretty knew to the forum... just signed up really but i own a 99 contour SVT. Got it and crashed it about 3 months after i got it... put it into a ditch going 70 lol. well i fixed it sort of and now need help finding parts and other things for it... i put a whole knew dash in and radiator,and many other things. but i still drive it around.btw i live in puyallup WA. so if any of you guys live around here and have any idea of how to find cheap parts for an SVT or any at that matter send me a message :help: . otherwise ill still keep lookin for you guys on the road.

Welcome, I suggest you tell us about your car and what still needs doing. That way we know what to look for. Since you don't have your 50 posts yet and so can not post in the classifieds Create a signature for yourself and say Want To Buy and list the parts you need. That way people will see what you need everytime you post. Even though you can't post there you can still read them and PM sellers.

Also banged up or not you are still welcome to join us at meets and whatever's.

Merry Christmas,

AF

Welcome, I suggest you tell us about your car and what still needs doing. That way we know what to look for. Since you don't have your 50 posts yet and so can not post in the classifieds Create a signature for yourself and say Want To Buy and list the parts you need. That way people will see what you need everytime you post. Even though you can't post there you can still read them and PM sellers.

Also banged up or not you are still welcome to join us at meets and whatever's.

Merry Christmas,

AF

Well thanks man thats great i found some guy in like Maryland with some parts but i dont know i want to buy some off someone around here. but ya i would defently want to go on a contour run. or meet. i see svt's around in WA like the puyallup, auburn, areas when im driving, and its pretty tight to see other svts out and about. but ya ill post what i need and stuff.... i also parted out a SE contour for body and other random parts so if you guys need any pm me. thanks

Welcome to CEG!
As you can see, I'm an infrequent visitor...

.... i also parted out a SE contour for body and other random parts so if you guys need any pm me. thanks

WTB SE side-skirts & lip spoiler (including mounting hardware and jack covers), also fold-down back seat in Opal Grey cloth.

Nothing at this time, but I wander through the jy's on a simi-irregular basis and just wanted the info so I can keep an eye out for you. I have recently seen a gray fold down seat, but I don't recall if it was in a Tour or Stique. They are similar in basic color, but different in the little accent patterns.

Should I presume that you need everything? the seat isn't just a replacement for one you already have is it?
A couple months ago I saw an SE that had everything exterior you are looking for in your color. Damm! I hate to let stuff get away when someone could use it.....

Merry Christmas,
AF

Last edited:
The car doesn't have a fold-down back seat right now so, yes, I need everything.

Perhaps what I should say is; WTB: rust-free, lo-mileage '96 SE in Midnight Red/Opal Grey w/ V6, 5sp, sunroof & factory premium CD sound system. Prefer 3l hybrid, Quaife & BAT suspension.

....cuz really, that's where I'm headed. :eek:

Thanks for keeping an eye pealed for me!

MERRY CHRISTMAS,
and may you be the person that your dog thinks you are!

Just thought Id throw myself in this post... I have a 98 CSVT . Im in the tacoma wa area and always workin on something or willing to help with what i can,So if anyone wants to do something you know where im at. I used to be a part of CB7Tuner.org for the 90-93 accords and those of us in the area did get a great use out of it all with meets and part swaps a lot. Not to mention between us all there wasnt much we couldnt fix or get fixed for relitively cheap....

Either way u know where Im at.

Hey what part of Tacoma area? i live just on the north hill of puyallup. So tacomas only 15 min away and im there quit often.

personaly im in lakewood. About 3 blocks from american lake... Im always out and about. Matter fact i need to head to olympia to get some rear door window sails..((that triangle that says contour)) cause i broke mine trying to heat it off to CF wrap it. Got one done but now im ridin lop sided... Todays task.. O2s and put my blacked out pieces on it. no more shinny chrome. lol

Back