• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

spring teaser ...

although they are growing on me some but I do want them to match the body ...

oh gosh please dont leave those on! You need body color match!!

this fiber glass eyelids deal has been going on for a while and still nothing has happened. I gave up hope in the end but hopefully you guys have better luck. Only down side thing iirc I hear is that you cant fit your clear headlight covers over them cause it will hit against the eyelids..

I haven't heard that one ... maybe I will just get the lights themselves painted then ...

Yeah, my covers won't fit over the eyelids. It hits a small section on the top of the eyelid where the cover curves in towards the engine.

I chipped away a tiny spot of paint trying to test fit the the covers. :mad:

I haven't heard that one ... maybe I will just get the lights themselves painted then ...

I think you should ditch the covers, get the painted fiber glass eyelids, and put like 2-4 layers of 3M clear vinyl on your headlights if you are THAT concerned about pitting/chipping them :shrug:

Maybe it's just a poor angle from the cameraphone, but is your rear sitting lower than your front?

I know it's common for stock (old) suspensions but I thought Brapple had replaced the springs and struts when he put the FSVT wheels on?

I know it's common for stock (old) suspensions but I thought Brapple had replaced the springs and struts when he put the FSVT wheels on?

iirc he has BAT struts with Eibachs, Eibachs along with BAT springs have the rear bumper sag problem I believe..

Why not just paint the brows on the inside of the headlight covers? :shrug:

Shouldn't look too bad

Im a firm believer that once you open the headlight, its hard to get it re-sealed back to its original state. Now I know puddles and others who have perfectionized the method of re-sealing, but still I would be kinda wary. :blackeye:

Im a firm believer that once you open the headlight, its hard to get it re-sealed back to its original state. Now I know puddles and others who have perfectionized the method of re-sealing, but still I would be kinda wary. :blackeye:

I meant the actual headlight covers that snap onto the headlight. Paint the eyebrow on the inside of that.

But as far as re-sealing the headlight it is mostly in the product you use. There is a really good OEM sealing product that is basically the standard now in retrofitting that can be picked up at an auto dealership.

Last edited:
Back