• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"SVT" on Ebay - Yeah Right

I figured out you can change the title if you switch to the advanced editor (after clicking the edit button originally).

Yeah, I went to advanced edit and it changed the subject line in my original first post but not the thread title in General Discussion. Oh well. I hope I at least generated a little more interest for the seller even though I was so skeptical. :blackeye:

I actually talked to the seller and mentioned to him that not only would the ceg community confirm whether or not this was an svt but that someone would probably know the history of it as well. Now it turns out someone found out who owned it. :cool: Wonder what else you guys will find out.

So Ive searched and searched and all I can come up with is Mystikal35 had this car and was from san jose and has a 2002 ford f150. Its weird that no one remembers this car. It is ver unique to paint a Ford a Toyota color.

id just like to know why the o/d light is on... i belive its an svt, but someone should try and get ahold of him. see if he did try to replace the bulbls and put on in there by mistake.

id just like to know why the o/d light is on... i belive its an svt, but someone should try and get ahold of him. see if he did try to replace the bulbls and put on in there by mistake.

iirc wouldtour had this happen and he had to replace the instrument cluster ...

All the SVT clusters I have seen have the O/D bulb in there, just never lights up for anything. If it does, you've got a problem with the cluster or possibly PCM.

carfax confirms it is an SVT and originally a california car. The license plate in the back seat and the dust imprint on the trunk that matches the plate would also confirm it's legit.

This is a true SVT as far as I'm concerned. Just repainted a color that wasn't an option.

I always wondered why they never offered the car in blue, seems like it should have been... What with Ford's color being Blue and all.

Last edited:
Shure 960 if you dont have to ship it to AZ. My limit was 600 bucks on it.

Congrates Cuda, if I could get it locally for $1000 I would have.

Oh and where are you getting 3L hybrid from?

I still have to verify all of the specifics on it but I spoke to svtkid04 about a year ago ( the owner between mystical35 sp? and the csvt's demise) and he told me the story on it. The seller is the wrecker that he let it go to. When I spoke to him back then he told me about the mods that he had done to the car. I was able to go down the other day and look at it but I wasn't able to verify any of the tranny/engine work. I did verify the koni/ground control setup and was able to start it up and shift it with no problems.

I looked back through his old threads on the old forum but I was not able to find conclusive evidence on the drivetrain work. I have a post up in the california regional forum to see if anyone there has a way to get back in touch with Art so I could maybe confirm some things. Oh and BTW, the blue paint was really nice other than the wrecked parts.

Back