• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"SVT" on Ebay - Yeah Right

Yeah I get it. I only needed to be told 10 times. But thanks for restating whats already been established.

I wonder who's car that was?? Its weird that no one claimed it. How'd a California car end up in a TX wrecking yard???

thats what im wondering it looks like the owner cared about the car at one time seeing as they invested money into it. who knows maybe when i get it i will find out:laugh:

That grill mesh also looks familiar. I wonder if that came from a ceg'r. Or if it was just painted.

LOL .. SVT must love you.

That is the O/D Off light on the dash. Why is it on? Is there any circumstance where it would turn on for an MTX (if not, why did they put a bulb in that light?)?

Interesting! I know my SVT has the O/D OFF spot, but no lamp there... wonder if it's on all the time if I put a bulb in there...

Bet they had some bulbs die and ended up putting one in there, thinking it was missing... put it all back together before testing, turned the car on and was like "WTF is this light?" Didn't feel like pulling it apart again...

I can see it happening!

Or it's just a short somewhere... I dunno...

carfax confirms it is an SVT and originally a california car. The license plate in the back seat and the dust imprint on the trunk that matches the plate would also confirm it's legit.

This is a true SVT as far as I'm concerned. Just repainted a color that wasn't an option.

Maybe it wasn't clear enough that this car is an SVT. So here's a little more proof.

As someone mentioned earlier, the G code equals 24V HO or SVT motor.

And here's the carfax info

1998 FORD CONTOUR SVT
1FALP68G8WK152821
SEDAN 4 DR
2.5L V6 SFI DOHC 24V / FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Why is it still being debated on whether or not it is an SVT?

Yeah people we know its an SVT now we want to know where it came from, well we know, California, but who's car was it and why didn't they claim it??? Maybe it was stolen and taken to TX and the person who stole it didn't claim it??? I would think that it would show up as stolen when the lien was placed on it.

Hmm, I'd like to win this car, I wonder how much it'll be toward the end.

And how the hell I'd get it home.

Hmm an 11 hr trip there and 11 hrs back. About 1,500 mile round trip... Damn if it goes for the right price this would be damn tempting. The car has some goodies I would like for my car, plus plenty of things to part out.

Last edited:
I still don't get why the previous owner would only put two 19" Centerline's on it. That car would probably only be worth a par tout unless you run a body shop and want to rebuild the whole rear quarter, assuming that there was no structural damage.

I still don't get why the previous owner would only put two 19" Centerline's on it. That car would probably only be worth a par tout unless you run a body shop and want to rebuild the whole rear quarter, assuming that there was no structural damage.

Uhh, it was in an accident so maybe they were damaged. That or the original owner was driving around like that before the crash because of bald tires on the front or something.

Back