• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Lifting Bracketa

DyComet

Veteran CEG'er
For those of you who have pulled your engine before, where did you get your engine lifting brackets? Can you pick them up at any automotive store such as Autozone or do you need to get them from the Ford dealer?

BTW disregard the bonehead spelling mistake, I should proof before I post.

Last edited:
If the lift loops aren't on the engine anymore can't you just use diagonal exhaust manifold bolts, assuming they don't break off when removing them?
Karl

The engine lift points are not available through dealers. They are only available from the factory when the car was being built.

The locations on our car (V6 anyway) are the edge of the block nearest the waterpump and then directly diagonal to the rear corner , just left of the ignition coil.

If they aren't there, try a junkyard or just get some bolts, grade 8.8 or higher, from Home Depot or Lowes.

Whether or not that the lift hooks are there, the bolt holes still remain. And that is for either the 2.5 or 3.0.

Well, for some reason I have a front lifting bracket and not a rear. So I'm just going to go to Lowes tomorrow and find a high grade bolt that will match the hole and just screw it in there.

Back