• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm Back in the Ford Family with a MazdaSpeed 6

LBVSVT

New CEG'er
Hey everyone - it's been awhile since I've been around but I picked up an '07 MS6. I'm still breaking it in but when the turbo spools it starts to really motor. The shot here is with a set of RX8 wheels. Eibach's are on there way to lose that huge gap (keep me updated Chris on ETA pls!).

The other car's an '05 BMW 330i if anyone's interested in buying or taking over the lease.

Attachments

• MS6BMW.jpg
    MS6BMW.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
Lou,

Good to have you back. Nice rides there I can't wait to go for a ride in the MS6. Of course as you know you will be getting to see your SVT again too :D.

Aaron

Thx Aaron - I'm looking fwd to seeing the old car again ... here's a shot of 1 of the last times I saw it. :(

Attachments

• 1099 (Medium).jpg
    1099 (Medium).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey everyone - it's been awhile since I've been around but I picked up an '07 MS6. I'm still breaking it in but when the turbo spools it starts to really motor. The shot here is with a set of RX8 wheels. Eibach's are on there way to lose that huge gap (keep me updated Chris on ETA pls!).

The other car's an '05 BMW 330i if anyone's interested in buying or taking over the lease.

Lou, thought you would have gotten a black MS6. :)

White looks hot, and for sure I will update you as to when the springs are coming in. :D

Lou, thought you would have gotten a black MS6. :)

White looks hot, and for sure I will update you as to when the springs are coming in. :D

Ya, black has been my color in the past. Thought I'd try the white this time around. Once a tint's on and it's lowered it should look even better.

Later ...

Looks great Lou!

I assume we'll see you at the AGM with it :D

BTW, where are the usual MS6 rims?

Ya, I should be able to make it (may have the kids with me depending on date).

I actually put the stock rims & rubber back on as the RX8 rubber was out-of-round and it was rough and noisy. The RX8 rims look waaay better though. :D

Congrats on the new wheels. I guess you decided against getting a Subie out of the USA like I did. You'll have tonnes of fun with that car. A friend of mine has a MSP3 and that is by far one of my favorite motors you now have under your hood.

Congrats on the new wheels. I guess you decided against getting a Subie out of the USA like I did. You'll have tonnes of fun with that car. A friend of mine has a MSP3 and that is by far one of my favorite motors you now have under your hood.

Thx Evan. You know I drove the Subie Spec B down in the States (made a weekend out of it) and again up here and it just didn't impress like I was expecting. Throw in the fact that the MS6 was almost $6k cheaper and it was a no-brainer for me.

CP-E almost has a piggy-back out for it so the potential for the engine is there. Someone with an Xede piggyback just ran a 13.1 and when I think of a guy at work in a Camaro running a 13.2, it just amazes me.

Hi Lou

I'll be picking up CPE shortly. Almost all of the 5 bolt Mazda wheels fit the other Mazda vehicles. I have seen the RX8 wheels on Protege's, 3's, 6's.

Lou, your springs won't be here until next week, according to my supplier. Their order was delayed at Eibach. :cry:

Hi Lou

I'll be picking up CPE shortly. Almost all of the 5 bolt Mazda wheels fit the other Mazda vehicles. I have seen the RX8 wheels on Protege's, 3's, 6's.

Lou, your springs won't be here until next week, according to my supplier. Their order was delayed at Eibach. :cry:

That's good to hear about CP-E ... but not so much with Eibach ... guess they're on back-order. Oh well.

Thx Evan. You know I drove the Subie Spec B down in the States (made a weekend out of it) and again up here and it just didn't impress like I was expecting. Throw in the fact that the MS6 was almost $6k cheaper and it was a no-brainer for me.

CP-E almost has a piggy-back out for it so the potential for the engine is there. Someone with an Xede piggyback just ran a 13.1 and when I think of a guy at work in a Camaro running a 13.2, it just amazes me.

Cobb is working on a version of their Access Port for the MSP6 and MSP3. That will be the hot ticket for tuning once it's out. No splicing etc, just flash and go.

I'm getting info on the MS6 forums that Cobb's pretty well given up on the MS6 and is sticking with the MS3?? Granted the engines are the same but the MS3's ECU is unique in that it has to limit boost due to the FWD nature of the MS3 - a problem the AWD MS6 doesn't have.

Nevertheless, if there's something that makes you believe otherwise Evan, lemme know. :)

Hey Lou, nice ride. Have they figured out the problems with the top mount intercooler yet? My friend was looking to buy a 6 speed but was turned off by the heat soak and power loss, he went with an RX8 instead.

Hey Rob, how are ya!

As I understand it, the problem wasn't with the intercooler re: the powerloss. No one seems to know for sure, but a reflash of the ECU from Mazda fixed what many think may have been an overly sensitive knock sensor algorithm. Mazda's not letting anyone know what they changed with the reflash so it's a guess but that's 1 of the reasons I went with the '07 (hopefully fixes were done).

I doesn't even have 800 km on and I've already bought Eibach's, a CAI, a racepipe/cat delete, & will put some Magnaflows on it soon too. Ain't going too crazy though like I did with the SVT ... learned my lesson there LOL.

Back