• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Black Rim Question

Dave98SVT

CEG'er
I'm looking in to getting some black rims for my black svt. I found some enkei rims DM5
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...8&wd=18&dVeh=dVeh&pc=61935&rw=&bp=&vid=006889
but they are not black; the guy at discount said they are (anthracite?) a dark grey or silver (not gunmetal) but, they didn't have any on display. Has anyone seen this color rim on a black car? Does it look good or bad, the car with rims display on discount's website shows them as black.

they are a dark grey not black and they would look real nice on a black car

The Enkie anthracite is very dark as you can see from my 18in anthracite Enkie M22's. The flake in the paint and the flash makes the paint in the center a little lighter but in reality they are very dark.

IMG_1034ex1.jpg

This is what M22's in 17's look like on black SVT's. Pretty sure these are anthracite and not black but either way like I said the anthracite are very dark and could be mistook for black at times. Either way anthracite looks good on black and silver SVT's

bestpic.JPG

I've wondered the same thing. I'm guessing those are morettes and he did fender work etc to make them fit :confused:

that is the first time i have seen that car, that is why i said that. how is your car looking and riding now? i am puting in my shifter this weekend. i also am getting a new high flow cat.. i just keep spending $ i don't got.

that is the first time i have seen that car, that is why i said that. how is your car looking and riding now? i am puting in my shifter this weekend. i also am getting a new high flow cat.. i just keep spending $ i don't got.

my car? i haven't put thew exhaust on yet. i woke up like 30 mins ago lol. but with the new shifter its amazing! its so tight and precise. i love it. no more slop

Last edited:

car looks and feels awesome. I love the looks and handling of this new setup. I just put on the 18's the other day :drool:. Just in time for the snow this weekend WTF?!? :mad: Once I get all my stuff put on (hood, mirko, etc.) I will do a nice photoshoot. It will be my 1st whoring session on here :laugh:

i know what the **** is up with the snow! not real sure the 17s will handle good in the snow with summer tires on.. hope it only snows one day. plus i will be out in the cold putting in my short shifter. svtjon how was your install i also got the ford racing shifter

whos car is that? only reason i ask is cause the head lights.

That's qwk98svt's car. Those are UK spec lights. He had to have the fenders worked to get them to fit and look right. Last I remember seeing him post, was when he said his custom low compression pistons were stolen from the back seat of his car. Not sure if he's going through with his turbo project or not, or if he sold the car.... :shrug:

Mark

I wish there was a pic of the Euro Spec Morettes on a stock US contour to see how much fab work is needed. If its just a matter of bumping out the fenders that's not too bad. I don't mind the hood over lapping the headlights. Resembles the VW look where the hood comes down over the headlights. I could put on my fiberglass eyelids to lessen the gap

I wish there was a pic of the Euro Spec Morettes on a stock US contour to see how much fab work is needed. If its just a matter of bumping out the fenders that's not too bad. I don't mind the hood over lapping the headlights. Resembles the VW look where the hood comes down over the headlights. I could put on my fiberglass eyelids to lessen the gap

x2 i would do that.. we could have a day at scotts lol welli would not be able to put on my eyelids as i don't have any!! well mine are painted on

there was a better pic of that car on here somewere i just cant find it. it wasnt that long ago. i bet goonze has a pic or can find it. because i think he posted the pic

Last edited:
Back