• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Codes pulled again, this time accurate

69Boss302

Has mile high skills
ok, so yesterday my new scanner came in and i pulled the code instead of counting a light. I also cleared them all, and went for a drive to see what would happen. The Contour Enthusiast light came on for a few seconds and then went off. Unlike before where it would stay on.

These are the codes.
EDIT: Car info. 1995 Contour 2.5L MTX75
637 Trans Fluid Temp above max
522 Vehicle in gear or not in Park/Neutral
621 Trans/Shift Solenoid circuit malfunction
622 Trans/Shift Solenoid circuit malfunction
652 TCC Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
624 Elec Pressure Control circuit malfunction
667 Trans range sensor below min voltage
667 Trans Range sensor above max voltage

I have not had a chance to get under the car to see what that trans wiring looks like. But U have a sneaky suspicion that when the trans was replaced, that the wiring was damaged.

Any other thoughts please?

TIA

Last edited:
These are all ATX trany related codes; you should not get these codes in MTX. Did you have it redone from ATX to MTX? Was your computer changed? Possibly it has ATX programming and was not terminated properly. But here is a catch; if your light stays off and it’s just the reader that picks them up I would not worry about it that is if there are no drivability issues.

That's what confuses me about it, it's a stick. It was originally built as a stick and all the tranny work was done prior to my purchase. No driveability problems other than the shifter feeling a little vague. Or maybe it's just a different feel than the cable shifters from the SVT's?

The codes I can clear before getting emissions tested, but there is still a problem somewhere.

Maybe the computer is not the right one like you said. Too bad the SVT pcm I have wouldn't work. Guess I'll have to find another one this weekend and see what happens.

That is crazy. LOL! As far as the shifter check out the linkage. Also the box that the "shift stick" goes into could be taken apart and lubed with some grease. It gets dry a can effect shifting. It is quite different than the the cable shift.

I spoke with some Ford techs today and they're saying it is possibly the trans harness. I guess the truck isn't getting detailed tomorrow afterall.

Are you saying that your car is a stick and you are getting ATX codes? Or, was it a stick and someone converted it to an ATX? If it is a stick it is running an ATX PCM. If it is an auto it is likely that your connector on the top of the ATX is disconnected. When you have that many codes it is a harness issue.

jeff

Back