• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E0 SVT Contour's made until?

Icefury

Veteran CEG'er
Whats the month/year that the line change occured in 1998 going to E1? I searched and with the main page links being down, could not find.

Even a little closer, I remember something from Ford about the first day of E1 production being the first day of production in Feburary 1998.

Big Jim, just curious but when was your E0 built? I noticed in the picture you posted of the new steering wheel installed that your dash bezel is the one used in the 98.5-00 and not the 98.

For those that don't know what I am talking about, Ford stopped painting white on the door locks to label words like "Lock" and on the dash bezel, no white paint marking the vent open and closed symbols, but raised plastic instead. That is the first time I saw a E0 with that bezel.

You have good eyes. That panel has been replaced twice. Once under warranty and once since. Both of the replacements were of the E1 style. The first on was replaced because of the gap panel between the bezel and steering column. The second replacement was because the center vent register fell apart.

My car was built in 4/97.

Back