• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bushing problem!

guessclassic65

Be Gentle I'm New Here
hey guys, my alignment is completely off and i noticed the drivers side bushings are completely worn making my cars wheels tilt slightly (which is slowly eating the the inner side of my tire) anywho- i've been contacting shops around the area and they say that I have to buy the whole control arm along with the bushing. I've been told it's going to be pricey if/when I do find them. I also need ball bearings done as well. Anyways, are they're any aftermarket bushings avalible separatley for our cars w/o the control arm? just trying to save some money..Do I have any other options? I really need some help with this- any will be greatly appreachiated. The car is a 96 zetec mys. A newer car is not an option right now.

No separate bushings are available. New four bolt arms are big $$ from the dealer. Someone one on these boards sells them for $105 each.

I don't know why you can't find them. Last time I got them from the dealer $132 Canadian. That is a 4 bolt type, 2 bolt type is even cheaper. Aftermarket is more expensive for some reason. It was very affordable as I did mine myself. Driver side was a bit more involved because I had to lower my sub frame. Anyway, those are not that hard to do.

well, i was trying to avoid the dealer, ill try to find the best deal- whether it be the dealer or someone on here. Anyone have a how-to for installing these things?? :)

Back