• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fall meet idea

BrApple

No Life But CEG
so ... that last we where at was 2.5 hours of drive time was to long

some liked the idea of getting to the train/riverboat earlier in the day, staying along the shore for a photo op and dinner

some also wanted to meet at my apartment, which is about an hour from the train/boat

any other thoughts or ideas?

I have an idea

how about we meet up at nice park surrounded by fall foliage and do our own mini picnic where we all bring our own stuf and share. Then we can mabe go around the area for a cruise and do a photoshoot..then call it the day..

Can't guarantee if I'm going to make it (depending on what weekend you choose), or what I'm going to drive if anything. I'm good with whatever you can cook up but will quietly lurk on this thread for now otherwise.

I have an idea

how about we meet up at nice park surrounded by fall foliage and do our own mini picnic where we all bring our own stuf and share. Then we can mabe go around the area for a cruise and do a photoshoot..then call it the day..

im down with that...maybe goonz can write a poem to all of us while we sit at our picnic

picnic lunch is fine.
I'm eating at a restaurant for dinner though. Preferably at a place that's unique to the area, and not a chain restaurant like Applebees or whatever.

poems are nice.. harroooney :)

hmm. so i like the idea about pictures and lunch.. kind of like a potluck type thing bringing different things to share.. most of CT's parks you have to pay to get in, (damn terds)

like i said, im easy (not for quote useage.. im not easy in that way haroon!)

lol

so is this what people want to do, should we start a poll to see what everyone wants to do ...

I will try to get down to the area to find some nice spots to stop for photos/food, otherwise we can either meet at the train or meet at my apartment and take the hour drive down there together via the highway for about an hour ride if people think that 2 hours is to long for a cruise, which would be part back roads part highway

Sounds good.

Do you know if we need to purchase tickets in advance?

no we shouldn't need to but it might be a good idea once we get set on a date, although there are no refunds if it is raining, but they will still run ... I do believe that you can buy tickets online ...

also if we can get as many people committed as possible I will look into seeing if we can get a group rate still if we don't have 25 people

cool

As far as dates, it seems most people want to do a Sunday.
The 1st, 8th and 15th are probably our best dates to do.
Even the 22nd might still have decent scenery.

All are doable for Mike and I. The 8th falls on Columbus day weekend which is when a lot of people go leaf peeping - therefore the scenic spots get a bit more crowded, but still shouldn't be too bad.
Last year we did it on the 16th.

I think that the 15th or the 22nd then would be the best date....

the later in the month the greater the chance my car will be done at paint and I can show it off :drool:

I think Columbus day weekend should be avoided ..

actually how about the 15th with the 22nd as a rain date?

sooo..whats the deal, whats going on with dates? I need to know because every sunday im detailing cars so my schedule is PACKED..

well I took the drive that I planned yesterdy and it is kinda long .... I have some ideas to run over ... look for a new post in the next few days but I am thinking October 15th with a rain data of the 22nd, so it would be the same weekend about as last year

Back