• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best way to spend some cash on a CSVT

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
My car is basically stock besides a short throw and a cd player... I will be securing about $4k here in a few days and I was wanting some input on some ideas on how to spend it. I am definitely looking at a tranny upgrade because mine is due. I am looking more for performance gains in the motor and a nice suspension setup. Thanks for you input!

Last edited:
Get the BAT Euro trans and have a Quaife put in or have your current one refreshed. Get the Koni or BAT kit for suspension. Maybe get headers & exhaust for the engine.

And nab a spot in Warmonger's brake Group Buy. There is somebody that has already paid in full, that is looking to sell their spot.

Mark

I would focus on the handling aspects. The only decent gains you are going to get from performance parts is some method of forced induction or nitrous.

Koni suspension kit
stickier tires
window tint
upgraded speakers
beefed up rear subframe & larger rear sway bar & spherical endlinks
brakes
And if you are doing a new trans, definitely get a LSD installed

Yeah, I was def thinking of the LSD. My question tho...the BAT tranny is $895 and a quaife is $895 (At least I think it is...I heard that prices came down on em but I don't remember for sure,) but does anyone know what the cost would be of buying a tranny through HMS that is already upgraded with say...the LSD, shift tower and shifter forks? I know, I should be asking this on the tranny forums... But I am trying to figure out what the best route would be because I definitely want to maximize what I can do with the cash. Would the BAT kit be a better handling kit than a ground control/koni combo? Thanks for the input guys, keep it comin!

Time for you to go over the Contour.org froums that are archived and read through some posts.

All of your questions will be answered there by searching through the suspension forum & transmission forum.

Time for you to go over the Contour.org froums that are archived and read through some posts.

All of your questions will be answered there by searching through the suspension forum & transmission forum.

Haha, I knew that was coming...yeah, I have looked and looked and read and read....looks like it is time to read some more.

Back