• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

its 4:00 AM just found this on youtube who's svt was it?

I don't like watching that.
Poor Rick, poor car. :cry: At least he wasn't hurt!

Last edited:
Woohoo, I made it on to youtube and didn't have to post myself. The accident was at a local autocross held on a go-cart track. A combination of over zealousness, cold track, cold tires, new suspension, an early turn in, and no runoff room combined to get the final result. It was really a big wooden post that did me in though as it is what sent me rolling. Most people are surprised I didn't throw the helmet, but I always explain I'd just tore up enough stuff, no reason to tear up something else.

Rick

Anyone have a video of the aftermath of Rick and Brad "turning it into a chop top Contour"? Thats a funny one! :D I can just hear Brad now squatting the car. "Ooooooochhh! Oooooccchhh!" hahaha!

Never been to blackhawk farms and I'm under the impression that it's not a go cart track that they run auto-x events on. This was in Marshalltown, Iowa.

Rick

Rick are you going to any marshalltown events this year? I might head out there to test the new suspension setup.

I think NASA will be out there the weekend of April 14/15

I'm not sure if I'll be out there or not. Anything is possible, I still need to get the car running first. My pistons just got done this week.

Rick

Back