• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stazi mesh?

shizapooh

CEG'er
How can i attach the stazi mesh to my front and back bumper? Any ideas? I wanted to put it on today and started to and cant think of anything.

Use the same clips and tabs around the perimeter of the openings that the original one used...or pick up some Tinnerman clips (instead of the Ford ones,) which are quite similar to those...

my front bumper doesnt have any clips and didnt have any stock mesh in it. so i dont have anything to connect it on. do i need to go buy knew clips?

i did it today. looks amazing. i had to cut some of the tabs a bit and cut others totally out so it would line up with the mesh so it would look the best. that goes for back and front. for attaching it in i used screws like stazi suggested. i used 1in. wood screws. drilled a small pilot hole(makes it much easier) then put the screws in. for the top tabs put the screws in from the bottom and for the bottom tabs put the screw in from the top that way you dont see the screw. if there is not enough room for the screw driver and you dont have a stubby then u could try the tabs but for me the tabs werent strong enough to hold the grille in for me. if you want pics let me know and i can take some for you.

You're going to have to be creative with trying find something behind the bumper to hang it from...maybe zip-ties might be helpful...? You could also use the Tinnerman clips on the edge of the opening to create a ledge from which to mount the mesh and then use the screws to secure it as the previous post suggested.

you dont have any tabs on the bumpers at all? wow im not really sure what to try then. i would say the same thing above in the post. try and find something that you could hang it from or something. you could try and find a way to pin it to the bumper with staples or something but that woudl probably puncture the front.

is there a part number for those clips? or anything else people use as clips to hold the mesh in place? The diamonds on the mesg are huge so it is sorta difficult to get it in there..

yea the clips were to small for me so i used screws but i think if you bust off the tabs from your old stock grills and clip them in there to the tab it may stop the grille

All I did to install mine was trim the tabs a little and then drill small holes in them. Then I put a zip tie through the hole and then around the mesh underneath the tab. That way the zip tie cannot be seen unless you get down on the ground and look for it. It worked out perfectly.

i went today looking for tinnerman clips noone had them. got some other clips but nope no clue how i can get this attached tried a couple times now failed both times.

if you dont have any tabs on your bumper i think your sol on putting the grilles in. your going to have to look for a new front bumper and i think jsut the lower part for the rear i think you can get that separate but im not totally sure.

Get some medium heavy wire and really strong adhesive, thats how erebuni does there grilles and they work rather well just put the wire through the mesh and bend it down tight if you wanna go extra tight glue down the other side with some strong bonding adhesive

Get some medium heavy wire and really strong adhesive, thats how erebuni does there grilles and they work rather well just put the wire through the mesh and bend it down tight if you wanna go extra tight glue down the other side with some strong bonding adhesive

Exactly what I was thinking he should do! There is always a way to attach it, you just have to find the right way.

Back