• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's the best exhaust to get?

s.rich06

CEG'er
I have a Bomz intake and im looking for a exhaust. Does anyone know what the best brand to get is or what sounds the best?

Not bashing the intake bud but please get a MAF adaptor and K&N RU-3530 or some other intake..Bomz is no good IMO i have one and took it off after a week and went to stock till my new one came.

Its just a MAF adaptor from www.batinc.net and a clamp on K&N Filter K&N RU-3530 thats the model of the filter..Its a clean setup with the stock intake pipe or Bat also as a alum intake pipe..The quailty is much higher and looks much nicer..I have yet to buy the intake pipe but have seen them install on contours and look beautiful..

wasn't there only on sound file for this true dual? and it was a drive by.. maybe a few more files would be nice, like a stand still and a take off.

IMO unless correctly muffled it sounds pretty bad.. but it has great potential

from my experience the discontinued borla stainless cat back sounds best . it has a nice growl and v-8 sounding tone without any ricey drone or rasp,

i have a magnaflow resonator setup with straight pipes , however it still sounds ricey . others says it sounds great but its not what i was loolking for too much drone no rasp just drone.

the stock svt exhaust with aftermarket mufflers sounds most like a V8 . if you replace the stock resonator with a straight through design muffler you will loss all hopes of a V8 sounding contour,

the more you increase the exhaust flow of the contour exhaust the ricer it gets.

if i could do it over again i have jumped on the last new borla catback in the country back in 04'

however the stock exhaust with a qualilty borla muffler for se or mufflers for an svt would sound best as far a v8 contour sounds go . IMO

the trubendz is nice but lacks the sound of the stainless borla catback.

the tru dual set up sounds better than the trubendz catback but not as nice as the stainless borla catback IMO.

Someone plz post a sound clip of the trubendz Borla catback , resonated or not.

yes there sould be a sticky of " ALL " exhaust clips somewhere.

if anyone knows where to find the clip of a black svt straped to a dyno with the borla catback doing a 3rd grear pull plz post a link of where to find it.

Last edited:
There is 2 sound clips in the Skunkworks Autosport Tru Dual

One with spintechs and one with magnaflows

Both 2" piping

Video is of a 2" Tru dual with 2 18" magnaflow resonators and 2 spintech mufflers

Tru Duals with Magnaflow:

Last edited:
THE Only Time I Get Rasp Is During The First 3-4 Minuites Of Start Up On A Cold Day Or When Just Starting Out. Once It Warms Up Its Sounds , I'll Label It A " Tuner " Sound Like The The Tru Duals But Slightly Different. But Like The Tru Duals I Lost ALL Hopes Of The V8 Sounding Contour.

Back