• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sp motorsports

Number47

CEG'er
I've been trying to get ahold of Sp Motorsports and i cant. not only that, the address given is residential( i lived in the area when i was younger) Anyone ever buy anything from them? and do they respond quickly? i'm not trying to bash them by any mean just wondering if they are reliable. i would really like to buy a couple things from them

Well I read not long ago other were having trouble contacting SP also. I hope everything is alright with them.

I need to make an order soon. :ponder:

Joe is great, a little slow but great. I just bought some pads for the svt a few months back, they accidentally sent the wrong front pads but corrected it promptly. He'll help you out with anything you need.

I've ordered from them several times. Never had an issue. I always think its best to keep in touch with the vendor, regardless of who they are, just to make sure everything is being handled. That way I know that my part has been shipped, or is on backorder, or when it will be shipped, etc. In my dealings with SPM, I've never had an issue.

I always think its best to keep in touch with the vendor, regardless of who they are, just to make sure everything is being handled. That way I know that my part has been shipped, or is on backorder, or when it will be shipped, etc. In my dealings with SPM, I've never had an issue.

That only works if the vendor is reachable.

I "always had good dealings" with SPM, too, until about June of 06.

I web-ordered a part. Then I followed up (unsuccessfully). Never got a response to any emails or voicemails. At some point, the voicemail box was full, so I couldn't even leave a message.

After about a month, I sent an email to cancel the order that I was never quite sure actually existed. I still have not received any word back, but neither have I been charged for anything.

If it were anyone else, I would never bother with them again. But based on reputation and past experience, I'd be willing to give them another shot.

My advice? Don't order anything unless you can get somebody on the phone.

thanks for the input guys. i'm gonna order my tranny and clutch tomarrow then

I would suggest checking with BAT first as SPM is just a vendor for them, I ordered my Euro-MTX from Joe.

I ordered it online of course, tried to follow up with a phone call, left a message a couple of days later, recieved no call back. Then tried calling more and their voicemail box was full. I emailed him and it took a couple of days, but I recieved a reply on a tues. stating my tranny had been on back-order but was shipped (no track. #)that day and I should recieve it on Friday/Monday, It was the following thurs. that I actually recieved my tranny and it was shipped out directly from BAT.

Communication from SPM sucked in my experience, but at least I still got my stuff, but it woulda been nice to recieve some email's confirming/reciept of ordered product, a tracking number.

My advice? Don't order anything unless you can get somebody on the phone.

This was the reasoning I used when I needed brake parts for the next weekend. If I couldn't talk to anybody, I didjn't feel confident that my order would be here in time. SP's voicemail box was full on 3 tries, so I was forced to go elsewhere. I had haad good luck with them in the past though, the 1 time wI was able to get through.

If you have time to wait and see if a order goes through. I woudl recommend tehm. If you are in a pinch for time, I'd probably go elsewhere.

Don't buy your clutch from SPM! Buy it from SVTCuervo here on CEG. Send him a PM fro prices. He has the lowest prices on Spec Clutches and Flywheels

Back