• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Test Drives

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
So im toying with getting a new vehicle...i need a truck so im not sure to buy a newer model or get an old beater for work and pick up a new stang...so i test drove a couple stangs today...'01 GT....NOT impressed! im a mustang fanatic (bought my first '68 when i was six, then bought my current '67 when i was 16) my csvt felt just as fast as the '01...then i took out a Bullitt...much better performance but still left me wanting more...i was pretty upset, this was my first time driving the 99-04 era...but my brother might possibly pick up the Bullitt...55k and i got him down to $13k with ease...i know they would go lower...but to say the least i was let down on the comfort too, i guess the csvt is truely my car, haha, my brother doesnt understand, but thought you guys would, haha

my pockets arent that deep...friggin morgage...should have never moved out of my parents, haha

lol figures right ... parents pick up a 06 GT now that they are done with paying for college and just about done with their morgage, guess it is weird to no have some sort of debt to pay or or something like that ....

anyway, point was the GT has good power, but then again what do I know, the only other V8/rear wheel drive car i have had a chance to drive was my grandmothers 90 Crown Vic with the 5L but it was so tuned for fuel economy it wouldn't really get out of its own way if you floored it on the highway ... but anyway the new V8 in the GT gets up and goes ;)

DSC02350.JPG

i would have to agree with the 99-04 not being too impressive, but then again, i am used to driving my car. but my brother has an 04 cobra, oh man let me tell you, thats the one to buy. throw a thousand bucks at it and you have over 400 wheel hp? can't beat that. plus it is so smooth, 6 speed, and it just looks 10 times better than the gt's and machs etc.

if you want cheap, get a fox 5.0. there are still some nice ones around, and they ride like a truck, so i guess you could kill two birds with one old car??

i would have to agree with turbo fox...if you want that style stang and want some serious go..then a cobra is the way to go!!
i dont like the looks or the interior of that model stang, but gaaadamn do they GO!!!
and the whine from the huffer gives me a stiffy!

haha, 03-04 cobras are a litte outta my price range, but i love those terminators, my buddy has an 03 Cobra that saleen took and made it a saleen, then the kid took the blower off and twin turbo'd it, but the dealership had an '02 cobra....haha jk (was no cobra in 02) but they had an '01 with 20k miles...i think those have like 320 horse non supercharged, i shoulda taken that thing out

my buddy jeff built one up for one of his '03 cobras, but the car er..uh...dissapeared...
but last i knew he still had the motor.

i was thinking it would go great in a P71 crown vic....

my buddy jeff built one up for one of his '03 cobras, but the car er..uh...dissapeared...

fingers in ears....lalalalalalalalaaa, fingers out of ears.

that would go great in my fox! whats the price. (serious too, by the way). I have been pricing out rebuilding a 351 but thats a better idea

i will try to call him tonight and see if he still has the motor, and if so, what he wants for it.

well, to keep this topic on the highjacked route....
i went to jeff's restaraunt last night.
the cobra is no more.
he was turning onto a side road one night and hit some sand, the arse went out a little and jeff decided to play a little (we all would) and it went out a littel more than expected. he ended up in the other lane and was hit head on by a truck doing 45mph.
completely totalled the cobra.
:(
as for parts all he has left is an '03 anniversary edition cobra with no motor.
but i forgot to ask how much he wanted for that.
as for the built up motor and the extra parts he sold them all.
:(

didn't you say at one time he had 3 of them at once? so they are all gone, that sucks ...:cry:

I still have the video when he left the meet in the red one in andover, I recall being able to hear him getting onto the highway

that was the anniversary one.
he still has that one sans motor.
thats the motor he melted and the car the 800HP motor was supposed to go into.

he has owned about 6 of them and i do believe had 3 at one time.

Back