• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 Car Shows/NE-CEG Events

have fun guys ... I'm taking the contour out for a drive across Kitchfield Country this afternoon, prefect day for it concidering this will most likely be the last time I drive the car for the year

it's 11:20, I've got about 1/2 an hour of cleaning left, then I plan on driving to hartford, showering, and then heading down. I figure that'll put me ready for 1 or earlier. Then it's a 15 minute drive to the show. Anyone else feel good about those times? I could always not shower and save half an hour :shrug: I don't care if you dont :cool:

My car is actually already in the lot. I just happened to park there last night. I'll probably head up in about an hour.

Well, since all the events are over for 2007, I am going to un-sticky this thread.
We can start up another one for 2008 events.

Went to the car show this morning and it was nice. I think the BCEC is a much better venue than the Ghettoside Expo Center. I was also impressed with the number of cars there and the size of the exotic section. AND motorcycles!!! Sweet. I sat on the Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser and really liked it. That's a lot of bike for $12k.

As for cars, my favorite was (of course) the 1985 Saab 900 Turbo SPG that GM dusted off. I would LOVE to have taken that home today. I also really liked the new 9-3 TurboX with the new AWD system. I wonder how the performance will compare to Subaru.

In the exotics, the Maserati Grantourismo 8 is BY FAR the best deal for an exotic car out there. It's Ferrari engineered, comfortable, roomy, powerful, sexy, and cheap at $110k. The SLR ragtop was hotness, but completely ridiculous at $500k. I'd rather have 4 Maseratis and an Audi R8 to play around with for that kind of dough.

* Apologies to Ryan * I did not like the BMW 135i. Are they kidding with a sticker price of $35k for that car? I know it's fast, but really. It's at least $7k too expensive to have any market penetration here in the States.

I was also very impressed with the showing of Hybrids. The Nissan Altima Hybrid was well-equipped and good looking for $33k. Real seating room is HUGE. More space than an LS450.

The Infiniti EX35 looked completely ridiculous to me. It's a Nissan Rogue with a face lift and it looks like the overweight offspring of the FX. Horrid. BUT, Infiniti redeemed itself with the GS37s Coupe. Yum!

Overall, I'd like to see more diesels. Mercedes, VW, and trucks are the only diesel options in this Country and I think that's sad. The Land Rover LR2 and LR3 would be great candidates for diesels, as well as the Jeep Patriot and Liberty. But alas, we don't get those engine choices over here in the land of opportunity.

Anyway, that's my take. I'm sticking with my current garage for now. Maybe with some changes in the Spring if I can find a cheap diesel Mercedes and a reliable source of kitchen fat....

They had the 135 there? Man, I didn't take a close enough look at the BMW section. I thought I saw all their cars.
Got to see the Sable in person and I like it even more than in pictures. Still a Subaru freak though, I think I sat in every one their Legacys/Outbacks and Foresters.
I see exactly why the Saturn Aura won Car Of The Year - it's a fantastic vehicle inside and out. Volvo still has my vote for most comfortable seats.
That 1985 Saab was in pristine condition :shocked:

Last edited:
They had the 135 there? Man, I didn't take a close enough look at the BMW section. I thought I saw all their cars.
Got to see the Sable in person and I like it even more than in pictures. Still a Subaru freak though, I think I sat in every one their Legacys/Outbacks and Foresters.
I see exactly why the Saturn Aura won Car Of The Year - it's a fantastic vehicle inside and out. Volvo still has my vote for most comfortable seats.
That 1985 Saab was in pristine condition :shocked:

I stopped in Friday night. Not impressed with the 135 at all. WAY too expensive for far too little car, IMO. Now, hopping into the M5 they had was another story. Same with the AMG that was towards the front of the Mercedes display. Those were easily the nicest seats I tried out all night.

Mini? No way. I sat in the 'vert "Street Edition" or whatever it was called, and I still felt claustrophobic. I seriously felt like I could steer it with my nuts easier than with my hands, I was so forward in the cabin.

The Z06 was sex on wheels. I was disappointed with the Camaro they brought in, though. They should have brought a production model in. It looked nicer in person than it did in pictures, but the fake wheels just killed it.

Dodge... meh. The Challenger was nice and aggressive, but it's going to price itself out of the market.

Saturn... I still love the Sky Redline. Badass little roadster with a good price tag. I'd consider it if I ever wanted a two- seater. But the Aura disappointed me. For all the hype it has garnered, I expected more out of the interior. And for all of the additional work done on the new Vue, it still felt the exact same on the inside.

Ford... showing signs of improvement. And I wish the Interceptor and Airstream could have been open to the public. Same with the GT500. But I think they've finally started to "get it," apart from the Focus. The Lincoln area was beautiful. All of their vehicles have started to really look like luxury cars.

the 135 was there on a pedestal. i didn't like the proportions of the car. the cabin looked too small and high compared to the front and rear sections and overhangs. i did like the rear wheel treatment, but the whole BMW styling thing just doesn't appeal to me. and again, for $35k, i'd rather have a G37s and get Japanese reliability. BMW is the MOST TOWED car in Massachusetts from mechanical failures according to a towing friend of mine.

The Bangle designs look right on the 7 series, the 6 series, and the M5. And that's where it ends for me.

I wonder if it's BMW failure, or their drivers just not knowing what to do with them...

The Bangle designs look right on the 7 series, the 6 series, and the M5. And that's where it ends for me.

I wonder if it's BMW failure, or their drivers just not knowing what to do with them...
The NEW 7-series. Now the 2004-05 decklid, that was mad ugly...

Granted, I prefer the late 90s / early 00s designs out of everything.

There was one time I was on 93 North and I saw three E46 BMWs on the side of the road, all within 5 miles of one another. That was crazy!

Last edited:
Back