• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Austrailian Ford Falcon GT

lunatic

CEG'er
I'm not sure if this is in the appropriate place so mods can move it if it's not. Anyways, Have any of you seen the 2007 Ford Falcon GT? It's an Austrailian Ford, but it is SWEET. It looks like a crossover between a Contour SVT and Lincoln LHS. It's a beautiful car IMO. Too bad USA Ford won't bring them here because it would compete with their Mustang. If for some reason, they are imported here, I will probably get one.

The Austrailian Ford Typhoon is a race car version of the Falcon GT.
Frank

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Cont...07&pagename=FOA/DFYPage/Default1024&c=DFYPage

If you go to models, it will show other Ford Falcon models. Click on the images tab and it shows some better pics. For some reason, the Falcon GT isn't listed. Maybe they don't make that particular model anymore but the other Falcons are nice also. It looks like the Falcon GT is now called the Falcon XR6.

Last edited:
Here are some pics. I love watching this car on "Australian V8 Supercars" on Speed.

tuffford1banner.jpg

This is my desktop pic.

desktop.jpg

fpv-falcon-gt.jpg

There's a nice selection of desktop wallpapers here. Alot of non-N. American Fords for us to be jealous of! :mad:

VUDUSVT, how did you post pics here? I've been trying to find the way to do it but I can't. Did you copy and paste a code from photobucket or something?

VUDUSVT, how did you post pics here? I've been trying to find the way to do it but I can't. Did you copy and paste a code from photobucket or something?

When your writing a post scroll down to manage attachments and click from there you can downloadup to 5 per post following the size and pixel requirements listed on window for different file formats

saw one of these at a car show here in the UK couple of years back, a V8 version, not sure which Aussie Ford it was tho, was so nice, they stood a champagne glass full of champagne on the engine cover and revved the bollocks off it, the glass didn't even wobble!!! IMHO was more impressive than the Saleen Mustang i saw a few weeks back

What I find interesting is the inline 6 cylinder...

Barra 190 I6 engine - power, torque and fuel economy

Across the Falcon range you'll enjoy spirited performance that is only made possible through state-of-the-art technology. The Barra 190 4.0L I6 is a perfect example of this. Along with other advanced technologies, this refined six cylinder engine includes Dual Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (DIVCT) and Dual Knock Sensors. The result is smooth, effortless power with impressive economy.

The Barra 190 engine carries a 190kW power punch and 383Nm of torque, making it perfect for cruising around town or getting out on the open road. Couple that with fuel economy as low as 10.2L/100km* with the optional 6-speed automatic transmission and it's an engine that will leave you begging for more.

4.0L Inline 6, you could make that one helluva turbo torque monster. BTW, 190kW is only 255HP...kinda low ouput for 4L.

BP

That isn't all that bad compared to the WRX w/225 hp and 226 ftpt. and the wrx sti's 293 and 290 respectively. that's their competition down under.

FPV makes some very sweet vehicles. I was lucky enough to spend a semester down under and go to one of the V8 supercars races. Lots of ford falcons and holden commodores tearin it up. They made a turbo version of that I6 motor that was pretty sweet, not sure if they still do or not...

Back