• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WPI motorsports car show April 22

I'm getting old. I just don't have the energy to want to attend this. :(
Looks like the weather is going to be pretty darn nice this weekend, so it should be a good show.

I'll be getting the Cougar's annual inspection on Saturday, then Mike and I might do some test drives, then hit the junkyard before the Sox/Yanks game.
We'll need Sunday to do things around the house.
At least the cars are now officially insured to be driven for the year. babysteps...

oh crap, this is this weekend!!!
i havent even moved the hearse yet!
and if the weather doesnt clear up, i wont be able to get it out of the garage.
we have a birthday party to attend inthe morning and then we are having Jess; sisters 'birthday party' at our house that night.
i wanted to go to this show too.
i am going to try as hard as i can to make it.

We have some house projects to do but I think we might swing thru with the roadster. I haven't hit a meet in a while....haven't driven the car recently...

I'll be getting the Cougar's annual inspection on Saturday, then Mike and I might do some test drives, then hit the junkyard before the Sox/Yanks game...

What cars are you looking into? I saw referrance to the MS3....fantastic car....but the Mazda3 GT is another fantastic ride for shorter money and less hp.

so ill be there! i was going to have to back out cause i got a flat tire the other day, but it wasnt completely flat, so i put air in it and its staying in, i think someone deflated my tire on me....

anyways, hopefully ill have the headlights in and the calipers painted by then too.

Theres a Mazda club that is meeting up at the Courtyard Marriott on Grove Street...Word has it there will be a few Mazdaspeed6s, RX8s, various versions of the Protege. I will probably be meeting that group.

Marriott is probably your best bet to hit all people heading both east and westbound on 290. A closer alternative is the Worcester Voc parking lot (at the intersection of Salisbury and Institute) .. if you don't mind getting jumped while you wait.

I have a semi-action-packed weekend in New Hampshire but if that falls through I'll stop by .

What cars are you looking into? I saw referrance to the MS3....fantastic car....but the Mazda3 GT is another fantastic ride for shorter money and less hp.

We're looking at Mazda 3's. We test drove a whitewater pearl GT 4 door with the Bose/moonroof package. Very nice. If the price is right we might spring for the MS3 or even MS6. Werner Mazda in Manchester has 5 MS3's! I'm not too keen on the hatch (the words, "Station Wagon" keep popping into my head), but in person its nice, and the exhaust tone on the MS3 is very nice.

We also test drove some used cars last weekend.
- Red 04 Mustang GT with 17K miles. Hate the interior, but the flowmaster sounded sweet.
- Silver 03 Honda S2000 with 8000 miles. Love it, but a little impractical for a DD. If we find a sweet deal, maybe, but we'd get a hardtop for the winter and some Accord wheels for the Blizzaks.

We also wanted to try a silver 04 Acura TL 6 speed, Nav with ~ 30K miles, but when we got back from driving the Mustang someone else was testing it.

This weekend we're going to try an 07 T-red Mercury Grand Marquis with 13K (I have a soft spot for the big boats for some reason), maybe a Focus for reference, and hopefully a Volvo S40 T5.

This is new ground for me because I've never had anything but a Ford product, although Mazda is a family member. Ford's cars IMO, are crap now. Prolly the most important thing for me is an old school manual tranny (With a clutch) with the big motor and amenities. Ford no longer offers anything like that except the Mustang GT.

We're looking at Mazda 3's. We test drove a whitewater pearl GT 4 door with the Bose/moonroof package. Very nice. If the price is right we might spring for the MS3 or even MS6. Werner Mazda in Manchester has 5 MS3's! I'm not too keen on the hatch (the words, "Station Wagon" keep popping into my head), but in person its nice, and the exhaust tone on the MS3 is very nice.

My friend was very interested in the '07 Mazda3 GT 5 door and scored a fantastic deal on one. 2007 Black GT 5-door stick, every option but navigation with 900mi, flawless. He got an extended warranty to 100K and full clear bra (nose, hood, mirrors) for around $19,500. The MS3 is phenominal...I too prefer the 4 door vs. the 5 door but it has a lot of utility. Dispite that, every mag I get refers to it as this years "Hot hatch" and its true. The car is fantasti for what it offers. It's the fastest Mazdaspeed product Mazda has imported to the states and it's a great daily driver. In red you might get arrested, but in the slate blue, black or silver it looks very similar to a stock Mazda3.

If the S2000 has LSD it would be fine with snow tires. My first Miata (and my current one for that matter) had LSD and ran extremly well in the snow. Where your house is so close to the main drag, you shouldn't have that much trouble with deep snow (about the only problem for a rear wheel drive sports car with snows, LSD and no ground clearance). I haven't tested the MSM in the snow...it should never have to see it. My question would be (and please don't see this as disrespect) if the S2000 is an option, MS3 or Mustang, why not bring the cougar into all season service and begin storing the new car.

well...the hearse lives!!!!
pulled it out of its hiding place today, its running pretty good.
but i need an inspection sticker...the one on it expired in august of last year

yeah...i drove it for a couple months with an expired sticker...oops

whats the surprise? will they not pass you with 20%? or something, because i was going to have that done to mine.... perhaps a bad idea...

anyways, me and a bunch of my buddies are headed up tommorow morning and meeting at Bawb's house then following #9 to the show.

right now im leaving to go up to Norwood, to tour an apartment that i could be living in this summer, and as soon as i get back im doing the headlights, gpakin the resonator, and painting the calipers! i just hope i have time to do all that.

Heading outside now to give my car at least a half ass detail for tomorrow. Really wish I could do everything start to finish, but no time. :cry:

Back