• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front Seat Panels Removal

LGR Mystique

CEG'er
Does Anyone Know How to remove the panels underneath the front seats in the picture below..Thanks

Attachments

• Number1.JPG
    Number1.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes.

You have to remove the screws on the sides (these are easy to see, I believe one of them is behind the lever and is easily removed once the lever is off). Then you need to remove the lever to tilt the seat. There is a C-clip behind the lever, which when removed allows you to take it off and slide the panel off.

how do i remove the lever..i somewhat understand what your saying..LOL...and no that is not my interior..but that's how i'm goin to paint it but with more blue on the door panels

Thanks..that's not even alot of white you should of seen what i wanted to do...take a look below..not the inside of a contour but the same scheme....

Attachments

• Number2.jpg
    Number2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
so i have to remove the whole seat from the brackets first?

What!? No! Remove the c-clip behind the lever. Remove the lever, remove the screws... take the panel off. This is not this hard. You are really making this much more complicated then you need too.

Have you even looked for the c-clip behind the handle? If it really comes down to it I will put together a step by step how-to with pictures included to explain this to you. Hopefully in the last few days you figured it out, but if not let me know.

i haven't gotten a chance to take a look with the crappy weather..a how to would be greatly appreciated

Theres a spring that you have to remove that holds the lever in place. It's a real PITA. I think there is good documentation in the ford cdrom...let me see if i can pull it up.

Back