• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Dash Clock

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I picked up a dash clock from a 99 contour, I also got about 8in. of wire that came with it. I was just wondering how you install it as my car only has two wires coming up out of the dash to light up the led. While as the cars with the clock only have five wires. Do I have to remove my whole dash to get farther down to find these mystery wires that will splice right into the clock wires? I looked around on the forums for installation instructions but it was to no avail. :cry:

I picked up a dash clock from a 99 contour, I also got about 8in. of wire that came with it. I was just wondering how you install it as my car only has two wires coming up out of the dash to light up the led. While as the cars with the clock only have five wires. Do I have to remove my whole dash to get farther down to find these mystery wires that will splice right into the clock wires? I looked around on the forums for installation instructions but it was to no avail. :cry:

Most of them are goin into your radio harness....

Found it...
http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=30

Last edited:
i know this is off topic, but has anyone installed the trip computer off of an st200? theres kits in europe to get it on your mondy.

i know this is off topic, but has anyone installed the trip computer off of an st200? theres kits in europe to get it on your mondy.

It's been done with the exception of getting the fuel stats to work. You NEED a Mondeo fuel pump with sender but there is many variations of it depending on the year and version of the trip computer software. I looked into it big time.

think i should give it a shot?

The problem is that there is many versions of the software, and most listings don't include the version (rEL 1-6). You need the temperature sensor, fuel pump and sending unit also.

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but it's going to be time consuming to install and costly to order the parts, probably get the wrong thing, have to buy another part, try the install again, etc.

Certain versions you want to stay away from though. Older versions were not as accurate and IMO would be a waste of money to install. I missed out on an awesome package one time. :mad: :blackeye:

rEL 6
Temp sensor and wiring
BRAND NEW fuel pump

Tony, any of the following questions you could answer would be a big help!

1. Do you have latest revision part # for the fuel sending unit?

2. Are you aware of a returnless version of the ST24/Mondeo fuel sending unit?

3. Do the Ghia Mondeo's have the same fuel tank size as a CSVT?

4. Do the Mondeo fuel sending units fit the CSVT fuel tank without modification?

I have a trip computer if anyone would be willing to pay for it. I was going to install it but decided I was to retarded to figure it out for myself

Back