• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 Contour SVT, New Motor HELP!

joker2377

CEG'er
I love MY Contour so much I bought a new motor when it blew on Vacation in Florida. I have a SEVERE problem after I have paid the $6178 for it after everything was said and done from a place called Galloway Ford in Ft.Meyers FL.

They lost my Lock bolt to my Konig Rims, Broke off the FAKE bolts(3 before he found the right one........Big ole arrow that says LOCK on the real screw)
Not Sure why but they took off my Headlights....They were not even bolted on, just held in by Hood pressure.
I asked my service guy to replace ALL fluids in the car. Tranny, Radiator, and what not. Now the Transmission is Leaking.
Did not bolt on my Cat (undercarrage) all the way, and I have not gotten that far under it to see if I have now damaged it.
There is some misc stuff that WAS on my Engine that is no longer with the car...some screw holes have absolutly nothing on them.
To top this all off, my car broke down on Feb 26th.....I picked up my car the DAY it was finished. Drove to Florida FROM St.Louis....and back. As I am going through Tenn my Check engine light came back on. I am thinking its the Catalytic Converter under the car being it has a leak and the sensor I THINK would pick that up. I am Fed up. They had my car for ever, they messed up stuff that was not even spoken to me about. I mean, this is insane, I paid 6grand to get a shoddy job done. I am just a wee bit angry. If anyone of you guys have any Ideas....or whatever really, I need to get this resolved and my car back to its Hot Hot Highrevving fun!!!!!

Thanks

lawyer and documentation of everything

or I could even do you one better/ I'll hook up a trailer to the back of my truck and remove the burden for free. I might even be generous enough to buy you a round or two at your favorite pub.

Last edited:
haha! I am sure you would with a BRAND spanking new 2.5 with damn near no miles....=) I have Documented everything that was improper. I am going to take it to a local dealership tomorrow to get it put on an official documentation stamp on it. I just don't know. Damn near out of cash for my Toy...=(

Oh, and it would have to be a few rounds every day for atleast 4 years...=P
Joker

Well keep in mind this is Dealership pricing, so labor / hr is probably $180 or close.

As for the 3.0l Swap, I looked into it. Yes the actual motor was cheaper by about 2grand. BUT. after all the work on the Rewire(said from mechanic mind you) Battery Reloc, and a few other minor things it would have been 800 more than the 2.5 Dura.....

I looked for other options. But I could not justify just letting it go. Happy to get it back to Saint Louis atleast. Since its been here I was able to fix some of the mistakes that the dealer has done to it. I took it to a Local ford dealer, got everything documented on a write up. I have to now talk to the Galloway Ford to see what kind of compensation/repairs they are willing to suck up before I get very aggressive. Which I hate doing. But it is what it is and needs to be fixed out of their pocket.

To justify my actions I need to get some pics on my Contour so you all can see how pretty she sits....=)

223BHP
Don't know track times till this spring...=)
Mirko Suspension
Throttle Body
Air intake
High Pro Cats with a Sho Shop pipe.
konig 18's

Hey bud i live in Cape Coral FL..Ft.Myers is right next to me..Ive used Sam Galloway Ford many times..Service sucks and the people there Suck as well..And by the way dont let them work on your car..Wait to late for that one..

Why would you relocate the battery with a 3L???

Here is a pic of a FULL 3L Swap... 3k!
CleanmycontourDay011.jpg

Bah That one wasa close up.

granted the 3L is a snug fit... but went in nicely (they installed)

i have had 0 problems with the motor...
My stock plug wires was another question though! :laugh:

As you can see in the pic, those are Taylor Thundervolts.... Id Recommend them for sure!

Anyhow. There is NO reason to relocate the battery, Nothing to re wire.

the stuff that guy was saying about the battery relocation and stuff is most likely coming from a technician and not a mechanic.

A tech can only look at a book or a screen and go "Yup, 1 equals 1" But when that 1 is really a 2, he is lost.

A mechanic wouldn't have that problem.

Anyhow. There is NO reason to relocate the battery, Nothing to re wire.

Well as I was on Vacation I did not have the time to research everything like I would have in Saint Louis. I heard the 3.0 was a direct swap.....but according to the dealer it was not....:confused:

Well as I was on Vacation I did not have the time to research everything like I would have in Saint Louis. I heard the 3.0 was a direct swap.....but according to the dealer it was not....:confused:

yeah, well asking a DEALERSHIP about a motor swap is like asking the IRS on how to get more deductions...

man, if you were anywhere near LA we could do your 3L for less than $2k :crazy:

that was a HELL of a lot of money to pay those *******s. i hope it all works out for you. hell, it should be under warranty, so go blow the damn thing up! might as well get your money's worth via a few new motors :laugh:

that was a HELL of a lot of money to pay those *******s. i hope it all works out for you. :laugh:

Yes you got that right..Best of luck..Ive never had a good time with Sam Galloway Ford..Just get some parts every now and then when needed..Even then there clueless...

Back