• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autovation Pedals & Heal Plate GB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They go one pretty easy. The gas pedal is an entire assembly and comes off with 3 bolts. The brake and clutch, you take off the old pads and put on the new ones, BEWARE use work gloves. I sliced the hell out of my finger on the sharp edges. About 20-30 minutes total.

I got a set of the SVT etched pedals as well. They were a PITA to install but they look great and stock. I'll try to post some pics on here later tomorrow when its light out

Any discount on just the heel protector? I already have the rest of the set from the last GB, but I want the heel protector now.

Any discount on just the heel protector? I already have the rest of the set from the last GB, but I want the heel protector now.

It should work. It appears to be a general discount applied to everything in the shopping cart.

Here are the pics i promised. To tell you the truth i don't really remember where i got them from but they look very similar to the ones offered here. Sorry about the pic quality. The were taken with my phone.

Attachments

• 0315071731.jpg
    0315071731.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0315071731a.jpg
    0315071731a.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0315071732.jpg
    0315071732.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0315071444.jpg
    0315071444.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
Here are the pics i promised. To tell you the truth i don't really remember where i got them from but they look very similar to the ones offered here. Sorry about the pic quality. The were taken with my phone.

Yep those are what I got! Very nice pedals indeed.

Is there any word on whether we can just order the "dead pedal" for those that have a set of pedals?

I did not see an option on the website. Only the option to buy the entire 4 piece kit.

Well I have asked Autovation about purchasing just the dead pedal.

Also I finally updated the first post with pictures from imageshack.

Well I have asked Autovation about purchasing just the dead pedal.

Was this supposed to mean " I have to ask" or they just didn't respond as of yet?

Great job w/ all the work you are doing in both GB's by the way. Much appreciated. We need more hard workers like you around here! :cool:

(no homo)

Was this supposed to mean " I have to ask" or they just didn't respond as of yet?

Great job w/ all the work you are doing in both GB's by the way. Much appreciated. We need more hard workers like you around here! :cool:

(no homo)

No I have already asked. I'm just waiting on a response. I will probably will have it tomorrow. They have a pretty quick turn around.

I'm curious how to people get these pedals before with out the dead pedal? Are the same pedals made by Autovation? Because if they are I might have more leverage to get a better deal, then say if people bought another brand and need to finish the set. Either way they are making money so I don't anticipate an issue.

I got my "SVT" etched set off a person selling theirs a litle while back so I'm not sure where he originally bought them through. Can't help you there.

I just finished talked with Jeff over at Autovation and you can purchase the dead pedal seperately! It's $35, which includes shipping. He sent me an email with a "buy now" button link. I copied the link and posted the URL in his quote below. Let me know if it works for you guys (it works for me). If it doesn't PM me with your email address and I will forward the email on to you.

Make sure you specify what series you want when ordering in the "Message" section!

Jeff @ Autovation said:
Mike,

You can forward this email below or post the PayPal button link…

Hello. You can purchase your requested dead pedal ($35 shipped) by clicking the "Buy Now" PayPal button below, whether you are setup with PayPal or not (credit card otherwise). Please be sure to include your mailing address & pedal series choice in the “Message” section when ordering. Thank you very much and we look forward to your order.

Best regards,

Jeff Silva

Project Manager

AutoVation Technologies

www.AutoVation.net

This email must be viewed in HTML format in order to view the "Buy Now" PayPal button below. If you cannot view, please reply and the url web address will be sent.

Paypal Buy Now, Ford Contour Dead Pedal

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to order up my heel guard soon. I have a spare set of OEM SVT floor mats that were in bad shape, but after alot of steaming cleaning, they look brand new with the exception of the holes in the drivers mat. This will make them look new all over again. :cool:

I'm definitely going to order up my heel guard soon. I have a spare set of OEM SVT floor mats that were in bad shape, but after alot of steaming cleaning, they look brand new with the exception of the holes in the drivers mat. This will make them look new all over again. :cool:

the exact reason I got them for my car, it covers up the heel marks very nicely ... and when you pull it off you will hardly notice the holes you have to make ...

the exact reason I got them for my car, it covers up the heel marks very nicely ... and when you pull it off you will hardly notice the holes you have to make ...

Exaclty the reason I got one. I have a spare set of brand new floor mats in boxes, but those are just for show. The ones in the car are there for all of my day to day driving, and my heal has been handing out a beating to that floor mat. This heal gaurd should work out nicely.

Brapple, did you rivet yours to the floor mat or use nuts/bolts, or something else I'm not thinking of...

Exaclty the reason I got one. I have a spare set of brand new floor mats in boxes, but those are just for show. The ones in the car are there for all of my day to day driving, and my heal has been handing out a beating to that floor mat. This heal gaurd should work out nicely.

Same here. Got a brand new set never opened for show only :drool:.

I'm debating getting 2 heel guards for my every day driving mats. I hate putting in cheapo rubber mats. Since I use these all year round maybe the heel guard will help keep mud,sludge,dirt, etc. off both the driver side and passenger side mats :ponder:. Or would that just look gh3y/rice?

Whaddaya guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back