• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

In case you were wondering...

RTStabler51

CEG'er
Or maybe you weren't, I recently picked up my next 'toy.' However, it so clean it may become a drive way / garage ornament.

60k Miles. 2R. Stock (Minus KN & FRPP Driveshaft) I may do a boost valve and update the brakes. We'll see though.

Here's when she arrived home. I drove from DC -> Detroit -> Fort Wayne -> DC Saturday morning -> Sunday afternoon. All after arriving home from FL at midnight Friday night.

DSC00825.jpg

And some pics borrowed from the original owners car domain page.
2472664_1_full.jpg

2472664_2_full.jpg

2472664_3_full.jpg

holy crap thats nice. a guy down near me has 2. one track car and one thats completely stock with around 13K driven on the weekends. those things are awesome! great find

Very nice.

Be careful of some of those freaky SVO purists though . . . They get freaked out if you change ANYTHING. I tink they might even get pissed if you change the oil from the factory fill . . .

w00t w00t SVO mustang!

There was a silver one with blue racing stripes for sale in midland, had 70K miles on it, in prestine condition, it was an 85 though I think. God that thing was sick. I wish to this day that I had taken out a loan and bought it.

Very nice.

Be careful of some of those freaky SVO purists though . . . They get freaked out if you change ANYTHING. I tink they might even get pissed if you change the oil from the factory fill . . .
I've found those guys and am a member of the site. Their biggest beef is with the guys who part them out and swap in V8s.....

I've found those guys and am a member of the site. Their biggest beef is with the guys who part them out and swap in V8s.....

Some of them are much much worse than that sounds . . . I'm not a fan of the guys that part out nice cars like that for the hell of it, but some of those guys have crapped all over people that were trying to salvage what was left of some basket case SVO's, and I know a couple people who have gotten some really nasty emails and veiled threats over trying to buy SVO parts for a non-SVO . . .

I've never seen a SVO that nice and clean. I'd have a hard time modding it too... but then again, I'd have a hard time not modding it.:crazy:

Keep it stock !!!
It is beautiful.
My dream car since the day it came out. I used to live in Detroit and saw one in spy dress once before they were official.
One day, I will own one, oh yes I will.

Nice find. That thing is really clean. I agree with everyone and what you have said, don't mod it just keep it stock.

Back