• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Travell Help

Knighter

CEG'er
Hey fellas. I'm getting married on the 30th of september here in Ontario. I'm looking to take my bride to be for a bed and breakfeast tour through vermont and maine before heading up to New Brunswick (where i'm from). I see quite a few b&b along the way, i was wondering if you guys had any tips or ideas on where to stay and which routes might be best for a scenic drive. I would really like to show her this part of the states, its such a beautiful part of your country. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Adam

A friend of mine goes to one every year, and so does his parents.
I believe it's in Maine, so I sent him an email to find out where it is.
I'll post it up when I get the info.

Also, Dr. Cross is our resident VT'er, so hopefully he can chime in with some tips.
Maybe even send him a pm in case he doesn't see this thread.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/member.php?u=29910

The two b&b's that my friend stays at usually are:
Horse and Hound in Franconia, NH (near Old Man on the mountain site - very scenic)
and
Nicholson Inn in Freeport, Maine.

Your best bet is to probably book the b&b and from there we can help you decide on scenic routes.

The Balsams --> Without a doubt THE BEST... Some of the rooms are just OK, but the scenery is beautiful, the ride is nice, the service is great, and the food....OH THE FOOD!

http://www.thebalsams.com/

There is a culinary school at the resort and the meals are buffet style, but not like some hick fried chicken place. Delicious, amazing, wonderful food.

Did I mention the food?

brian, that place sounds nice, but how is the food?

if you don't like fantastic, flavorful, unique, elegant, aromatic, filling, plentiful, colorful, well-presented food - it's not the place for you.

there's other stuff to do up there too, but you'll be so full from breakfast and dinner that you won't be able to participate and will sit by one of many fireplaces and read a book and get fat like the rest of the people who stay there.

thats great fellas and ladies, i'm checking those B&B's out and trying to figure out which way i'll be heading. This is what i needed, rather than just close my eyes and point at one (so to speak). I'd probably stick to the highway (interstate) while in NY but would like a scenic route through New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine :) Thanks a lot guys, I still have a lot of planning to do.

Adam

Back