• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Better pics of my car!

tbirddriver92

CEG'er
Since some of you couldn't see my car very well the last time, I took some pics during the daytime. Hope they're visible. :cool:

237240910.jpg

237240898.jpg

237240889.jpg

237240875.jpg

237240859.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Pretty clean for the age. My bro had a a 90 or 91 w/3.8. Biggest POS ever. Brake lines actually rusted away.

Looks like a good start man! Those early Sports are hard to come by being that clean. Do you frequent TCCoA much? I've got my own little MN12 collection...

1396340501_l.jpg

The blue one is my daily beater 92 SC 5-speed...mostly stock. The black one is my baby...getting ready to paint it black/sonic blue...it's...not so stock...

icsetup1.jpg

I actually just sold the engine out of it to go another route.

Looks good though man! If you need any help or questions lemme know...I've worked these things from front to back.

I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and there was angled tips on there :blackeye: I plan on replacing those for her soon since it's finally starting to look like spring around here :cool:

My recommendation...find a junked SC and rob the body kit off of it. The side skirts and rear bumper will go right on any LX and it'll hide those tips nicely. Here's an example. The black one started life as an LX and has the SC kit on it, it has a Dynomax, and the blue car has a Flowmaster. I lightened the pic up a little bit so you can see how the mufflers and tips can be seen...

tips.jpg

I've been looking for an SC in junkyards around here, but if they had any, they're long gone. Those things are hard to find! She wants to repaint her car black and was considering changing bumpers anyways because of the chrome strip on the rear. We'll see what happens

Wish I would've known...I just sold a set of side skirts, and I've got a spare rear bumper cover, but for the shape it's in it probably wouldn't be worth shipping. Have you checked TCCoA or SCCoA? There should be a fair amount of members up your way that could find you some stuff.

Whenever I post in TCCOA they talk to me like I'm a dumb blonde, which I'm not. I've asked about problems that I've had and no one really helps me out. On there my name is different though. Instead of tbirddriver92 its dirtybird489.

Back