• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Air Bag light

homerjca

New CEG'er
Hi all, just noticed that my airbag light flashes occasionally after startup...not all the time and usually just after the car has been started with the engine warm (it doesn't happen on the first start of the day). I am getting 32=Driver Side Air Bag Circuit High Resistance or Open which I looked up on the FAQ. Is there a simple or common fix for this (fuse etc)...I doubt it and am tempted to let it go for a while until I fix a few other things (IAC, brakes & wheel bearing) first.

I would start with checking and cleaning the connections for that sensor and check the wires for any issues ....

Haven't been on in a while...where are the airbag sensors...I did some searching but came up empty. The light is flashing all thetime now, quite the annoyance. Thanks for your help all! :cool:

Hell yeah....somone else with a similar problem!!!!
98 CSVT

I hit a pothole the other day on my back passenger side wheel. Every since then the airbag light on the console flashes 5 times then pauses for like 3-4 seconds then starts all over again. Other than being anoying as hell not really a big deal....I just don' want to get in a wreck and it not work properly or worse just explode in my face for no reason one day to 80-90mph on the interstate....I think that might be bad.

Thanks for the link Tony2005!
Regards,
Kinyoto

Does anyone have an idea as to what might cause an intermittent 23 code (Safing Sensor Circuit Input Feed/Return Circuit Open) on my airbag light?

I haven't done any work under the dash where this sensor is supposed to be located. Maybe one of the leads from the sensor has a loose connection at the other end of the line... wherever that might be. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stu

Back