• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nankang Tires

dpa43

CEG'er
I am looking into getting new tires for the new rims that I just bought. I been looking on ebay and for the size that I want there are alot of Nankang's on there for fairly cheap. I was wondering if anyone here has them and how they like them.

Thanks

Junk! At least my Nankangs were. Worst traction ever. Just needed something in a pinch to replace my worn Kumho 712's for winter. I still have the old set sittin around in my garage. Saving those for a sweet burnout video maybe this summer.

If they are all-season, why not? I realize they aren't snow, but definitely not straight summer tires either. Going from almost bald 712's, anything was better.

Many tire company's will call it an all season tire, because to them 3 out of 4 is all season. The only way to be sure they're winter is if they are called winter all season tires. I had "all seasons" and i almost dies numerous times haha

You used the nankangs as winter tires?

Post a pic of the tread patterns that you're looking to get.

Are these them? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NE...ItemQQcategoryZ66476QQitemZ190088725507QQrdZ1

Yup pretty much just in 225, I don't think I will be able to stick 245's in the wheel wells.

These were what I was looking at..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Br...ItemQQcategoryZ66476QQitemZ220089403384QQrdZ1

I've also been looking into either Kumho's of Falkens. I had Falken's on my 96 SE and they were good. I currently have Kumho's on my 94 Probe and these stick very well for cornering, not sure about how well they launch from a stop since the probe only has a 4 banger.

You say kumho and falken like all their tires are the same. They both got good ones and bad ones (kumho maybe having more bad ones like the 711s). Need to be specific. If an all season is what you need, then look at falken ziex 512s.

Back