• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where the hell...

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Is everyone lately? There's like a crazy rush of activity in here, then it dies off.

angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif
angry-smiley-055.gif

were workin on the cars in the beautiful weather...well at least i am, i did a first for CEG i think i painted the black bezel around the gauges silver.

Attachments

• DSC_0204_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0204_edited-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
Looks good.

I think it's funny most of the Sil-Fro owners want to paint their trim silver...and I want it to be black again. :laugh:

were workin on the cars in the beautiful weather...well at least i am, i did a first for CEG i think i painted the black bezel around the gauges silver.

wow that looks great. i never had the bawlz to paint the inside of the cluster like that. installing the overlays was nerve racking enough.

it really wasnt that hard, the gauges separate from the bezel/glass thing and i just dremeled them apart and painted no taping needed. does anyoe know if anybody else on CEG has done this? if not i wanna name my "mod" hehe...

you can hightower your lights, knauberize your doors, and redneckboarder your cluster. i think you should think of a better name for that :laugh:

That came out looking pretty good Jon. I like.

This is what we did today:

Black98csvt came down from CT....

Black98csvt.jpg

And, this is what we did:

Dirtylower.jpg

Cleanlower.jpg

ThrottleBodydirty.jpg

TBclean.jpg

UIMDirty.jpg

UIMClean.jpg

LIM-1.jpg

Clean.jpg

Since I'm not afraid to get dirty....

Mylefthand.jpg

We, Jason, Brian, Ken, Steph and myself, all stepped up and got his UIM/LIM/TB cleaned and the trans fluid/brake and clutch fluid changed. He says the car runs so much better. I bet it does.

While we were cleaning, Doug (Black98csvt) was installing remote starts in our Exploder and Brian's "commuter" car (not the SVT).

All in all a good day.

i think i like sexify haha. o yea i need to clean my uim/lim sometime and im gettin a new trans soon so umm who wants to help. ill drive pretty far to avoid the shop labor fees. and ill pay somehow, im not 21 yet so maybe money for beer or just straight money. but yea ill post when i get a new trans cuz ill have a bunch of parts that need in and i dont think i have the expertise to do it myself.
thanks guys
LUCA i think your hands have a date with some lava soap haha.

I've cleaned my hands four times and they are still nasty. :cool:

Let us know when you are planning on having the parts installed/cleaned. I'm sure a few of us can help you out.

We already have mod meets Ian. I think we all need to recover from this one before we plan the next. :)

I'm sure we can have another one in April. We all need to get ready for SZ and/or Carlisle.

We'll keep ya posted.

I was home all weekend and my father and I where doing some engine work this weekend ....

but my hands are clean since we where using latex gloves ....

well you need to when you are rebuilding an engine .... and since it will be asked we where rebuilding the 289 for my fathers 66 Mustang 2+2 fastback. got that cam and some of the bottom end in ... more to be done in the next few weeks ...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend too. :)

Jason wears the latex gloves but I prefer to do it the old fashion way, I like to get dirty. :)

I spent my day washing 4 cars.. my mom's car (honda accord), my old car (97 buick regal GS), my current car (brothers jetta), and of course my baby. i prob spent a good hour and a half washing and vacuming my car. the inside smells just like it did the first time i got in it... o how i love that smell. sitting in it gets me so mad, because i can't drive it.. ggrr

ok well i should have the trans by then end of the month. does anybody have a welder, cuz im gonn put some sfc's in while its all apart. my mod list for when i replace the trans. new trans, level 1 axles, level 1 clutch, light flywheel, sfc's, rear toe control arms and an alignment soon after, sub-frame connectors,a nd a starter. ill post once i have the parts and the organize the mod meet from hell hah, this might be a 2 dayer.

Back