• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2007

I recall we had a small discussion of this caravan topic on Saturday.
I -think- that everyone preferred to do the trip in one straight shot.
mapquest from our house to hotel for your reference

If that's what we end up doing, we'll have to look into the best time to leave.
Mike and I usually leave at 2:30ish on Thursday morning, and meet up with you monkeys along the way. This is a 14 hour drive for us, and could turn into a 15-16 hour one depending on breaks and whatnot. Because of the activities planned for Thursday, we might have to set our departure time back a couple hours to be able to participate (even if just as spectators).

Food for thought:
Do you guys want to drive straight to the hotel to check into your rooms, rest up, then head to Gingerman? In '02, everyone except baco passed on the raceway once we reached the hotel because we were too tired and didn't leave enough time to rest up.
Gingerman is about an hour away from the hotel, so another alternative could be to drive straight there. That would mean we'd be checking into our hotels late on Thursday night.

Honestly Kim, when we get there. Im gonna be soo beat that screw going to any other events that day. I rather sleep and be ready for the next day..I mean we can go to dinner and etc but that would be it really :shrug:

I'm in agreement. If we're going to be departing roughly 3am then I will be beat as well.

I'm all for the straight shot there, but what about going back? Are we doing one or two days?

we can do the one day out thing, but i think a two day (or at least a one day with a nice sleep break) on the way back would be a very good thing.

yeah, all you guys can definitely crash at my place. i have a couple extra bedrooms, a couple air mattresses, and some couches :laugh:

All I could manage to get off for days was Thursday, Friday and half-day Monday.

If it's any longer of a drive, I'll have to do my own thing. :cry:

Just wanted to clarify I'm still in Buffalo after much mayhem as shiest hit the fan when I tried to move. I can still meet you guys with Black 98 CSVT and XT anywhere in or around Buffalo. :)

I'm excited once again for Spring Zing! This will probably be the old Pre98's last visit out of state, even though she has lots of life left in her at 64k miles. I'll probably have a Mustang GT or 2003 Mach 1 for SZ08, which hopefully will live on to that point.

I literally miss my out of state car buddies :laugh: Kim = :drool: (But dont tell Mike!)

I would like to check out Gingerman, but only as a spectator.

A funny thing is that the only NE-CEG car to run Gingerman is the GL back when baco had her!! HAHA.

2 day on the way back is a must, because there's no motivation and very little sleep prior to the drive. But like Elky said, we could just stop somewhere for a few hours to power nap.

Back